Post your pics here
By samprice11
Hi all,
Here was my first attempt at trying to produce an in flight video from a couple of years ago while I was doing my qualifying cross country out of Wellesbourne:

I’d be interested to hear any feedback on the editing, hints and tips, etc. Personally, I think a major improvement would have been if I’d had a couple more GoPro camera’s filming different views (e.g. close in on the 6 pack of the panel and view out under a wing maybe). This would have allowed a bit of variation in the views and would have made it a bit more interesting visually. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Sam
By Moli
Just back from visiting New Zealand for a few weeks. Whilst I was there I spent a few days flying out of Wanaka with Instructor and all round top bloke Pete Hendriks. I had an amazing time, Pete and his lovely wife Julie were so brilliant and yes I did fly into Milford Sound and no there is no video of it as I am a muppet and set the Gopro to take stills by mistake :oops: (see end image)
Anyone thinking of of doing some flying out there I would recommend dropping Pete a line at info@nzflyingadventures.com and see what he has to offer.
ATB
Moli

mick w, flybymike, Searey and 1 others liked this
Finally got it in the air (well the test pilot did).
Not the greatest of videos compared to the rest on here, but hopefully the first flight tag makes up for that.
The RV grin is real :D
By davef77
Starting to look like this will be my "Free Known" sequence for Advanced competitions this year, or something very much like it.

Figures 2, 4, 6, 8 & 10 are mandatory. The order in which they are flown and the remaining 5 figures I can choose myself up to a limiting difficulty ('K') factor of 320.

My early season practice feels like it is going well, as I try to get ready for the more demanding competition at my new level.

I am excited at the prospect, but my expectations for this season are modest, "Advanced Level" is a big step up for me and a very competitive category with some excellent pilots flying in it.

I am reasonably pleased with the flying in this practice session. My flying is starting to be quite calm between manoeuvres, which looks nice, I think, my rolls and flick-rolls are reasonably crisp and I am starting to know my plane a lot better after a season, last year, of (largely) familiarisation. Need to work more on improving the positioning though.

Oh, and spot the small flock of large birds that flash past quiet close after I level from the warm-up figure :shock: They were quite close! :pale:

By davef77
A couple of weeks ago I missed the competition at Breighton. Me and a lot of others, the weather was rotten down South. In my case my aeroplane was offline anyway.

Got my plane back this week and thought that I would give the first Advanced Unknown a try in practice.

It was a tricky one. Lots and lots of room for improvement in this flight, but there are a few bits I was reasonably pleased with. Fig 1 looks reasonable to me, then it goes downhill a bit from there :wink:

I had the Cessna flying through in sight pretty early on, so I was comfortable to continue.