Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
:(
By Aerotech Flyer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
This is terrible news, Adrian and it must be awful waiting to hear that your worst suspicions about who the flyers in the aircraft might be, is released.
Unfortunately the sadness does not get diminished to those involved by the fact that this is such a rare event to such a skilled and wonderful branch of the aviation community,
Kind Regards
Steve
By AfricanEagle
**** :cry:

Blue skies.

AE
By KNT754G
Looks about as non intact as the Blackpoool wreckage.

Two very sad events in one weekend
By sjeh
On Monday afternoon, a light tourist aeroplane crashed near the skiing piste of Les Gentianes, in the ski station of Val Thorens in Savoie. The two occupants of the aircraft were killed.

The aeroplane came from the altiport of Courcheval, in Savoie. It had landed at the altiport of Val Thorens where it had disembarked a passenger. On the return, the machine hit the mountain and crashed at around 2,200 m, for an undetermined reason, in a place where there weren't any skiers. The machine caught fire on impact with the ground. The pisteurs-secouristes intervened very quickly to put out the fire. Two people were removed from the wreckage. One of the occupants was killed in the crash. The second victim, despite the efforts of the secouristes, could not be resuscitated. The two were both experienced pilots. An inquest, run by the police force, was opened tonight to cast light on the causes of this accident.

:(
By TangoZulu2
Terrible news

I am not sure what else to say - the aircraft in question has been my PC backdrop (both at home and at work) ever since I Ianded it at St Sorlin a couple of years ago whilst the wife was off skiing.

R.I.P
By Dave Phillips
I don't know these people, but I have always looked on with a degree of envious respect at an element of flying that must be so rewarding. God speed.
By requin
This is awfully sad. My taughts and prayers are with the families.

Godspeed,

M.