Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Does anyone have any experience/recomendations for a good avionics company that could do a full panel upgrade on an Vans RV7. I know in the LAA world I probably should do it myself, but not sure I have the skills or time to make a good job of it so would prefer a company that knows what they are doing.
CloudHound wrote:In upgrading your -7 (I have a share in a -6) are you planning to get LAA approval for Night/IFR?
http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co.uk/engineering/StandardForms/LAA-MOD%2015%20-%20Night%20IFR%20application.pdf

That would be the plan as it probably would not add significantly to the overall costs for what I have in mind.
Peter Kelly wrote: it seems I don't have the correct permissions

P

Peter

There is a minimum posts, or minimum time to be registered here, before you have access to the PM system. Stick with it, I suspect you are almost there. :D

If you have anything interesting to say about RV panel updating I am interested and I'd hate to miss anything that was hidden in PM

Rob P
Rob

I hesitate to post here as I am very reluctant user of social media. Part of my reluctance is due to having been here in the past under a previous user name and received what I believe is called 'flaming'. I did not wish to be subject to such abuse and withdrew.

For what it's worth, I am involved with the approval process for LAA IFR aircraft. Though the paperwork and process is a bit arduous, the actual requirements for the aircraft are easy to comply with, even easier to mess up on and miserably hard to sort out if the system is not designed and installed correctly from the start.

My very strong suggestion would be to get in touch with someone who knows the requirements inside out before even starting the design work. I'm happy to help.

We see more than a few apparently very capable panels that fall foul of some detail in the regulations (usually around the power distribution architecture or system redundancy). I often think, 'I could have saved you a lot of grief if I'd been involved from the start'.

That said, the G3X is harder than most to do badly.

As noted before, please PM me if you would like detailed aircraft-specific advice.

P
Peter Kelly wrote:Rob

For what it's worth, I am involved with the approval process for LAA IFR aircraft.

<snippety snip>

As noted before, please PM me if you would like detailed aircraft-specific advice.

P

Ah no, not at all what I am looking at. Thanks for the offer anyway. :D

Rob P