Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By john ball
The Monsun at Biggin G-AYPE, has been a group aircraft since about 1974. Some of the current owners were the original group owners. I had my share in that aircraft from 1990 to 1996. It is the oldest group at Biggin of the few light aircraft still there !!!! I have owned my current RV6 for 15 years, took it away from Biggin last May and sold two one third shares to a couple of friends.
By Hooligan
I was thinking about 'YPE while reading Page 1 - I recall seeing her at Biggin in '75 or '77 and as far as I can recall she's had the current scheme for most of those years?
By john ball
Hooligan wrote:I was thinking about 'YPE while reading Page 1 - I recall seeing her at Biggin in '75 or '77 and as far as I can recall she's had the current scheme for most of those years?

When I was learning to fly at Air Touring in 1973, it was the original colour scheme of white over red bottom of the fuselage. There was another Monsun in the club
G-AZDD which was same scheme but orange.
By Pete L
Bill McCarthy wrote:Me.........but I don’t use it as a rule. :D

Not since metrication at least - the eye-watering memory of losing 4.8mm put him off.