Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

User avatar
By Genghis the Engineer
Depends where you're going - if you plan on going professional (or just flying anything north of 100 hours per year) I'd buy a commercial book. For a PPL flying under 50hrs per year - yes the little Pooleys books are excellent.

I just finished a 20 year old Airtour (now Pooleys) commercial logbook off, and designed and made my own - but the Pooleys one, would probably still have been my favourite if that wasn't possible.

And run an electronic logbook AS WELL - it does the sums for you, and provides a reliable backup.

User avatar
By Sir Morley Steven
Bog standard Pooleys jobby is fine for PPL.
When you go pro simply start a new one but it will depend on what you do. For instructing the AFE pro one is good.