Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

JReading wrote:
Hutchy96 wrote:Skills Test completed!

Very lucky with the weather today. CAVOK all over after what must seem like months of 35+ mph gusts!

:D
Well done...now to join the rest of us waiting 4 and 5 weeks for license issue :(

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

:x

Did you do the online application? What documents did you have to provide?

Seems to far, they are asking for a copy of the Skills Test Report, Course Completion Certificate and Certified Personal ID. Did you get asked for anything else?

- Adam
Hutchy96 wrote:
JReading wrote:
Hutchy96 wrote:Skills Test completed!

Very lucky with the weather today. CAVOK all over after what must seem like months of 35+ mph gusts!

:D
Well done...now to join the rest of us waiting 4 and 5 weeks for license issue :(

:x

Did you do the online application? What documents did you have to provide?

Seems to far, they are asking for a copy of the Skills Test Report, Course Completion Certificate and Certified Personal ID. Did you get asked for anything else?

- Adam
Hey Adam

Did the online application and provided the exact docs you've outlined on the 22nd Sept

Emailed them Friday to which i got an auto response that pretty much says its a minimum of 4 weeks/20 working days at the moment and not to contact them until atleast 4 weeks has passed..

What i don't get is how it takes so long, the license is a glorified piece of paper, not a photocard or as complex as a passport (which you can get within weeks) and the examiner before the skills test has already seen all your paperwork and verified its correct..

Very frustrating!

Josh

JReading wrote:Hey Adam

Did the online application and provided the exact docs you've outlined on the 22nd Sept

Emailed them Friday to which i got an auto response that pretty much says its a minimum of 4 weeks/20 working days at the moment and not to contact them until atleast 4 weeks has passed..

What i don't get is how it takes so long, the license is a glorified piece of paper, not a photocard or as complex as a passport (which you can get within weeks) and the examiner before the skills test has already seen all your paperwork and verified its correct..

Very frustrating!

Josh

That is very frustrating. I think I'm resigning myself to at least a 5-6 week wait. To make matters worse, I've still not applied yet. Waiting on getting a copy of my passport certified. I didn't realise it had to be in colour. So I could have potentially submitted everything and then had the application bounce!

Did you have to submit copies of your logbook?

I'm not sure, but I think in the US you can fly as P1 before your licence comes through the post. But of course, this is the UK, so everything has to be difficult :twisted:

- Adam
Hutchy96 wrote:
JReading wrote:Hey Adam

Very frustrating!

Josh

That is very frustrating. I think I'm resigning myself to at least a 5-6 week wait. To make matters worse, I've still not applied yet. Waiting on getting a copy of my passport certified. I didn't realise it had to be in colour. So I could have potentially submitted everything and then had the application bounce!

Did you have to submit copies of your logbook?

I'm not sure, but I think in the US you can fly as P1 before your licence comes through the post. But of course, this is the UK, so everything has to be difficult :twisted:

- Adam
Didnt have to submit my logbook - your hours go on your course completion certificate which also has your exam dates, scores, what paper you took and you CFI's license number and signature

The form is a standard CAA form

Josh

JReading wrote:Didnt have to submit my logbook - your hours go on your course completion certificate which also has your exam dates, scores, what paper you took and you CFI's license number and signature

Josh

All submitted today. Let's see how long it takes!

- Adam
Hutchy96 wrote:
JReading wrote:Didnt have to submit my logbook - your hours go on your course completion certificate which also has your exam dates, scores, what paper you took and you CFI's license number and signature

Josh

All submitted today. Let's see how long it takes!

- Adam
Good luck! Haha