Use this forum to flag up examples of red tape and gold plate
By cockney steve
Staff obviously interchange between there and the Probate -office! They were absolutely insistent that an original Decree-Nisi be sent....this, despite the fact the original is held by, and could be verified by, another Government bureaucracy .. The point of contention was the Original would have a "wet -stamp" IE the rubber-stamp ink would soak into the paper.

A laser-copy showed a slightly shiny stamp,but i was soooo tempted to send it!
The irony was, the original was very clearly a photocopy, with dog-eared corner and ruckled edge perfectly reproduced! Typical Government department dogma...yea, OK, the CAA aren't Government, though they are sole administrators of a Government-controlled empire.
By PeteSpencer
https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=96200
(My last post on above thread #1404926 gives the definitive answer: you read it here first)

Just had to change my address for the second time in as many years due to recent house move.

More 7-page form filling but fortunately IR revalidation examiner agreed beforehand to bring his 'I certify...' stamp along and letter posted to CAA today.

Stopwatch ticking. I'll let you know.

Oh and I passed my IR revalidation. :thumleft:

Peter
By James33
I did my change of address by sending an email to the licensing office in Bordeaux. My new licence arrived 2 days later.
By PeteSpencer
James33 wrote:I did my change of address by sending an email to the licensing office in Bordeaux. My new licence arrived 2 days later.

I think the CAA is dragging itself into the 21st century:

Ten days ago I emailed my change of address to CAA radio licensing.

Yesterday I got an email from the 'Shared Services Centre' telling me it had also registered my change of address with the aircraft registration dept (I'm Trustee for our group aircraft.

This previously would have required two letters.

Pity the change of address ( special situation in my case) on my PPLs required a trip to Gatwick.

Ah well softly softly I guess.
By kanga
Joe Dell wrote:I've never held a licence that had my address on it. Is this a new thing?

no. my BoT (pre-CAA) PPL had mine on it, typed in at time of first issue :)

[as did my first (1975) CAA one, which was in same format, loose leaf to be bound by handy shoelace (provided by BoT :thumright: ) into same stout cardboard folder]
By PeteSpencer
Joe Dell wrote:I've never held a licence that had my address on it. Is this a new thing?

My original Poo-Brown issued 1993 had my address in it.

You must be seriously bloody ancient...

And you're probably illegal.

Unless this is a trick question and like Cockney Steve, you've never held a licence and you're not really a pilot at all, just a Walter.....

Peter :lol:
By cockney steve
Objection, yer honour

I have NEVER"Walted" nor felt the need to hide my lack of qualifications.

Does that, of itself,make any posts of mine worthless or uninformed? :roll: