Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By Morgan
Here are the latest charges for Newquay:

Newquay is 24hr PPR, handling is compulsory; the charges are based on
weight:

Landing/handling up to 1 ton ..£42.65
2 ton ..£50.65
3 ton ..£58.65
4 ton ..£91.85
Parking no charge if departing within 2 hrs
Up to 5 ton - charge will be £2.00 per tonne of MTOW per 24hrs
All + the dreaded VAT.

PPR is requested through Midwest Executive Aviation via phone 01637 860551 or email: nqy@midwestexec.com
Last edited by Morgan on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Exatco
Newquay is EGHQ ...EGDG was the military id.
By Morgan
Exatco wrote:Newquay is EGHQ ...EGDG was the military id.

Thanks - I've updated the subject :)
By Morgan
Having visited today I can add a few more bits of info:

Top local restaurant to visit is Jamie Oliver's Fifteen (www.fifteencornwall.co.uk). 3 courses for £25.25. Beautiful view over Watergate Bay which is just a 4 minute taxi drive from the airport. The taxi fare is between £6-7 each way.

A bit of gossip from the handling agents is that there is a plan to open a dedicated GA area this year which will facilitate GA pilots flying in without the requirement to be handled, hence should see a big reduction in cost to go to Newquay.
By KNT754G
That would be a big plus.

Handling for GA is a pain in the **** that 99% of us can do without.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Hmmm, My Archer drops into the over one tonne bracket so I'd be looking at the thick end of £60 plus parking for a day out at Newquay.

I'll pop over to France, it takes very little longer and it's a lot cheaper especially with the drawback :evil:
By AlanB
Yes, I'll go to Perranporth or Jersey :wink:
By tlowther
Just been to Newquay town for the weekend and the landing/handling fee's (for an Archer) were:-

Landing £18.40
Handling £37.95
Airport handling £ 1.90
Overnight parking £ 4.60

The service from Midwest Exec was excellent. They currently have an office within the main terminal building, but are about to occupy their own building (nearer the tower).

A taxi in to the town costs approx £14
By PaulB
tlowther wrote:The service from Midwest Exec was excellent.

For that money it should be! What do you get for almost £63 (those figs did include VAT didn't they?)
By Chilli Monster
PaulB wrote:
tlowther wrote:The service from Midwest Exec was excellent.

For that money it should be!

£37.95 for handling is incredibly cheap in the UK - Paul, go to Manch or the like and you'll definitely get an eye-watering experience!
By tlowther
All of the prices I posted include VAT.

Midwest were there waiting to marshall me to parking, pushed the plane back, had the refueller & bowser there too. Also settling the bill was efficient, no security issues, made sure I had onward transport sorted, let me know what to do/where to go when returning to the airport, advised security accordingly. All in it was painless.

If anyone feels they dont want to pay for handling then go land somewhere else, wait around for the rental car to be delivered, spend 3 times as long travelling and then work out how much they have really saved.....

Personally i'm happy to pay for good service and their avgas price is extremely competitive too.

Tim
By tonyuk
tlowther wrote:All of the prices I posted include VAT.

Midwest were there waiting to marshall me to parking, pushed the plane back, had the refueller & bowser there too. Also settling the bill was efficient, no security issues, made sure I had onward transport sorted, let me know what to do/where to go when returning to the airport, advised security accordingly. All in it was painless.

If anyone feels they dont want to pay for handling then go land somewhere else, wait around for the rental car to be delivered, spend 3 times as long travelling and then work out how much they have really saved.....

Personally i'm happy to pay for good service and their avgas price is extremely competitive too.

Tim

So it looks like you dont get anything for the handling charge that you can
get for free at most other places .being told where to park ,sorting fuel ,pushing your aircraft back , or sorting a taxi /transport.These all seem to be things you get at any ga destination. Five minutes further to Perranporth and you can get the same service 40 to 50 pounds less ...i know which i would use.!
By Merlin83b
So long as you don't need to be in Newquay for anything. The taxi there and back from Perranporth with eat up all of the £50 saving.
By BlackheathBloke
Looks as though the new General Aviation Park is opening anon.

I might swing in for a free cream tea. 8)