Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Waveflyer

Coincidentally, I am at Blackbushe today, and have had a word with the management, and cafe. They will be laying on their normal range of fry-ups, sandwiches, jacket potatoes, etc., and are now aware of the numbers involved. Nearer the time, when we know about the weather, we can confirm numbers so that they may staff accordingly.

Iceman 8)
By Grumpy One
That's great news. Now my Aeroplane WILL be ready - It's just got to be!! Moses M's health depends on it :rambo:

And Yes! The onus is now on Keef to deliver :pray:
By Tarnish
Waveflyer

well done. :D

I would of jumped at the chance to come up and give you guys a hand (to give a little something back) but a long standing family commitment makes that weekend impossible. :(

I shall however be watching the forum and hope that you all have a great day.

I can attest to the outstanding work done at Headley Court, as I previously needed their help at the then RAF Chessington joint forces rehabiliation centre, which was their sister unit. The work they do is nothing short of outstanding!!

Steve
By Waveflyer
CaptChaos wrote:WF, I have some friends inc ex-mil who can be helpers if you need some resources?

Capt.
I'm sure their will be need for some help so bring them along by all means.

Although Keef has been delegated to have words with "The Boss" :pray: about weather on the day, maybe we ought to have a contingency plan.
I was at Weather School today, held by Simon Keeling aka Weatherman and he has kindly "volunteered" to give us a daily take on the weather during the week preceeding 22.11.09. So nearer the event keep an eye on this thread to see how sunny it will be :roll: .
More details about the day will be posted later.
By Weatherman
Good to see you today Richard.

Yep, no problems with the forecast for the event...just remind me!

Hope you enjoyed Weather School (part 2). Keep taking the skew-t's!!!!

Simon
By Awful Charlie
Seems I could be in the UK for that weekend. Put me down as a tentative, but as I'm not normally the early bird, it's unlikely to be first thing in the morning!

After me, can take 3 light or 2 heavy!

Ben
By Keef
Waveflyer wrote:Although Keef has been delegated to have words with "The Boss" :pray: about weather on the day, maybe we ought to have a contingency plan.

I think that would be a very good idea! As I've explained a couple of times, I'm in Sales, not Management. While I do converse regularly with Management (as one does), I don't claim any particular influence in that direction.

Go for the belt-and=braces approach, and talk to Simon as well.
By Waveflyer
PLAN FOR THE DAY - Sunday 22nd November 2009 Blackbushe

Steve Neale and I are hoping to fly in at about 0900 and will be leaving no later than 1500.
We are hoping that all other aircraft will arrive by 1030 (time not critical but please book in with Steve when you arrive) and that our guests from DMRC will be with us at about 1000.
After introductions we can start flying at about 1100 and the duration of the trip can be decided between the individual pilots and passenger but about 1 hour max. As a suggestion a trip to the South coast might prove interesting but once again, so long as the passenger is in full agreement, make your own decision.
I will ask the Airfield Cafe to expect us for lunch from about 1200 onwards.
Weatherman will keep us posted so please keep an eye on the thread.
If you have volunteered to help would you please confirm a/c reg and type with crew names and mobile number, either on the thread or PM.
As a side attraction some BIG toys will be on site to play with during the day :think: nothing to do with aviation but good fun :scratch:
Let's hope the day brings good weather :sunny: and lots of smiles :) :) and laughs :lol: :lol:
By ChampChump
Ditto

CC
By Grumpy One
Dotti
By CaptChaos
Grumpy One wrote:Dotti

Some won't realise that is not a typo! :D