Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Apologies if this is the wrong location, I have been asked to post the following by the SVAS Secretary

I am sorry to report that the Shuttleworth Collection has received two anonymous letters demanding that model flying is stopped and threatening harm to the Collection aircraft.

Aviation Trustee Tony Haig-Thomas has taken the decision to publicise this threat and to ask everybody to be vigilant. A letter has been sent to all SVAS members and the text is reproduced below.

If anybody sees or hears anything unusual then please report it to the Collection management.

By Rob S
What on earth could anyone have against a few model aircraft

You would be surprised - completely banned in the New Forest except at the site of the old Beaulieu Aerodrome (that's R/C stuff) - in fact I think it is banned in many places around where I live in Hampshire.

Rob S
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Has somebody been thrown out of the model club or been refused permission to fly thier own model on the field?
By Rotorboater
Posted from Gatwick and saying 'now you will pay' sound familiar :wink:
By TheKentishFledgling
Rotorboater wrote:Posted from Gatwick and saying 'now you will pay' sound familiar :wink:

:D :D :D A genuine LOL moment!

Have I got this right - they don't want model aeroplanes flying, and will trash the real aeroplanes if model flying continues, despite the fact they've said they have no problem with the "real" aeroplanes flying?!

tKF
By Timothy
Do not try to apply logic. The writer is clearly non compos mentis and therefore bets are off.

I'd have a good alarm system installed and have someone sleep in the hangar for a few months.
By johnm
I'd have a good alarm system installed and have someone sleep in the hangar for a few months

Timothy is a magistrate and therefore can't add "armed with a shot gun" :twisted:

If there's a suspicion of an inside job, then look for those who are less socially capable than others and who may have been the victim of what most people would view as a trivial insult, slight or similar.
By leiafee
johnm wrote:
I'd have a good alarm system installed and have someone sleep in the hangar for a few months

Timothy is a magistrate and therefore can't add "armed with a shot gun" :twisted:

I've got a nine-foot spear... :viking:
Generally people who write threats are pathetic cowards who are too **** scared to actually carry any of them out.

Lets hope the writer of these is in that majority.