Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By santon
Fantastic location on end of spit of land. Great approach over the sea. Good place for a weekend break but judging by the number of tourists I would suggest booking accommodation before going.
Be warned that you cannot buy fuel with cash or cc. You must have a Total card or fly to La Belle Isle where apparently they do take the filthy stuff. We loitered by the pump until a Total toter arrived and pressed cash into his hand.
By Keef
There was a Forum Fly-Out to Quiberon some years ago. It's a delightful spot, out in some interesting scenery. If you go there, do go for a jolly round the neighbouring airfields.

Apart from the fuel fun (refer thread on Total cards, moved to GA discussion), it's very friendly. A lot of happy flyers sat out on the terrace watching the aerial cabaret.

Watch out for military airspace (no problem, just call the relevant people on the radio).

No customs - if flying direct from or to the UK, you need to land at a Customs airfield on the way.
By drachir
Another great thing about Quiberon airfield is that it is in easy walking distance of the town and beach.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Superbly located airfield literally right next to town at one end and the beach at the other. I visited for a couple of days to see a forumite who had rented a flat right opposite the airfield, so you could watch aeroplanes on one balcony and check out the sea view on the other!!
AFIS in English from Friday to Monday over the weekend, Fuel available for cash/card then too. Otherwise in the week calls in French and Fuel with a Total Card only. Lovely Café onsite. Beware the very busy G8 Airvan used by the meatbombers who kind of does his own thing out of hours...
Summer prices (1/7 - 1/9) 10 euro per night parking, 10 Euro Landing fee, 6Euro parking for daytime visit. Pay in the tower as I did, or out of hours post payment through the door with your details to avoid getting those expensive admin fees posted to you later!!
mick w, Rob P liked this
By Rob P
Being that Forumite I can only concur.

It's a lovely little field, casual in the way only the French and Italians can manage. If there's a gotcha it's that the fuel there is very expensive, something like 2.15 euro. I filled up at Rennes inbound and Caen outbound instead.

The restaurant doesn't inspire confidence, but actually delivers really good coffee and some delicious food, particularly the salads.

If anyone needs details of the Air BnB apartment, I'm happy to share. I think we paid about £450 for seven night, this with two bedrooms and about 18 minutes walk to the aeroclub.

Rob P
By Johnny
Rob P wrote:Being that Forumite I can only concur.

It's a lovely little field, casual in the way only the French and Italians can manage. If there's a gotcha it's that the fuel there is very expensive, something like 2.15 euro. I filled up at Rennes inbound and Caen outbound instead.

The restaurant doesn't inspire confidence, but actually delivers really good coffee and some delicious food, particularly the salads.

If anyone needs details of the Air BnB apartment, I'm happy to share. I think we paid about £450 for seven night, this with two bedrooms and about 18 minutes walk to the aeroclub.

Rob P

Did you misplace yer sunglasses :roll:
By Rob P
Wot Ian says ^^^^^^

:lol: