Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By JamesB
It's not what you know, it's who! :lol:

There have been free landing vouchers in various magazines for EGBJ in the past. In fact, I remember I landed at EGBJ on my QXC and used such a voucher. Very handy! Worth keeping an eye out just in case.
By matspart3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Whenever we do the freebie magazine vouchers, we usually hand out some home-made ones to entice you back and to part with your hard-earned cash!

Lindsayp
Make that £20 if you buy 50ltrs of fuel while you're there! We'll even phone a taxi if the folks won't pick you up :)
By Lindsayp
I'll be along sometime this summer then, deffo! (in truth, was planning to anyway sometime, having spent many youthful hours planespotting at Staverton, visiting Skyfame, and being involved early-on in the Glos Aviation Collection project)
By Merlin83b
I flew to Staverton at the weekend and parked overnight on Saturday. We had the usual excellent service, filled up to benefit from reduced landing fees. Access was nice and simple even thought the Max flight was loading up at the time.

I'll be back this weekend, probably.
By Merlin83b
Visited again at the weekend to pick up en route to Jersey. Flight plan and gendec handled nicely by the ops staff. It's designated for terrorism but not customs as I understand it. I filed both with more than 12 hours to spare in any case, as listed on the GAR form.
By SteveN
Yep, Glos is a designated airport under the Terrorism act so there is no need to give 12 hour notice to fly from there to Ireland, IOM, or the Channel Islands. Just hand your flight plan and GAR into reception together and the jobs done.

Steve
By pb6797
Big thumbs up from here - extremely friendly despite my arriving in the middle of a Young Aviators fly-in, and getting lost on the taxiways!

Only £7.50 with no fuel, for a "proper" airport - certainly impressive enough for the passenger anyway!
By leiafee
Went there a few times on training flights and my QXC, and more recently on a weather diversion and they were superbly friendly and helpful every time.

It is among the pricier places, but it does tend to feel you're getting something for it.
By Colin G
Anyone know if handling is mandatory and if so, what the handling charges are at EGBJ?
By stevelup
There isn't any handling available as far as I know - let alone mandatory.

Ultralights (<450Kg) £7.50
Single Engine under 750Kg or PFA £12.50
750Kg > 1750Kg £21

Although the typical landing fee is £21, you get £14 discount if you upload 50 litres of fuel (which is amongst the cheapest anywhere)

The full details are here
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
First visit to Gloucester yesterday. I thought I would pop in to refuel on the way home from Wales as home field Shoreham is usually more expensive than anywhere else. Big mistake! In the event I filled to the gunnells and then discovered it would cost nearly 20% more! The without VAT price was more than Shoreham's inclusive.

ATC were friendly and very efficient.

Ground staff (fuel and reception) were friendly but inefficient. I had to wait at the pumps for ten minutes or so for fueller to arrive (the hut could do with a telephone so one can make enquiries). Then all sorts of bother trying to get an invoice out of the system. Then, when they finally produced the bill (and I had picked myself up off the floor) they wanted 3% extra for a credit card payment (not included in above 20%).

There has obviously been some good investment in facilities and I suppose it is payback time, but unfortunately I will not be rushing back.