Useful airfield information and home of the forum's fuel price league tables.

Moderators: deltacharlie, GlosOps

By steviem
Visited Saturday. Various tarmac and grass runways. Full ATC, ILS available. Unexpected free for all on the approach as was told to join standard overhead with 4 others in the circuit including one doing ILS training.

Directed to park short walk from the GA terminal. Friendly reception but no catering facilities at all on a weekend.

£22 to land a 182. No mandatory handling.

Five mins from the town in a taxi (took ten mins to arrive) £8

Convenient and efficient place would visit again.
By bookworm
I've been flying from Cambridge for 20 years. Saturday mid-afternoon was quite extraordinary. I was circling in the overhead for 15 mins before ATC would let me descend into the circuit -- reasonably, I think, they're not over-conservative at Cambridge. A fine afternoon in winter, I guess.
By steviem
[quote='bookworm']I've been flying from Cambridge for 20 years. Saturday mid-afternoon was quite extraordinary. I was circling in the overhead for 15 mins before ATC would let me descend into the circuit -- reasonably, I think, they're not over-conservative at Cambridge. A fine afternoon in winter, I guess.[/quote]

I think I was departing when ATC told you they couldn't accept you due traffic. If not you then someone else got held up in the overhead.

I agree , I don't think they were being unreasonable in what they asked me to do when I arrived, it was just I wasn't expecting a SO join at a full ATC field.
By ROG
Often transit--ATC always friendly and efficient, but landed years ago--restaurant was miserable--nothing much to attract a visit.

L/F seems a bit expensive b earing in mind general ambience.
By ray
If you plan to visit the city after landing at Cambridge there is a Park & Ride terminal on the opposite side of the main road outside the airport and about 200yards to the right. It takes you to the city centre or you can get off one stop earlier at the Grafton Centre shopping complex. It takes about 20 mins on a Saturday and costs only £2.20 return. They run every 15 mins or so.
By joe-fbs
Dropped in yesterday evening to refuel. The late opening hours plus approach aids make it very convenient.

Landing fee was 25 pounds which includes not only the facilities mentioned above but also free hot drinks, briefing facility and a very nice lounge with newspapers and top toilets. We ended up staying half an hour instead of five minutes.

I didn't even get moaned at for not having a fluorescent jacket then again I was wearing a loud orange shirt!

Must go back for a longer visit and a trip into town.
By Night Hawk
Popped in over the weekend for a breif visit.

Piper Arrow = 1134KG

Landing Fee was £25.00

The Business Aviation terminal which looked after us was a fantastic and very nice place to stop, the planning room is excellent and coffee / Tea was as much as you want.

If you want a good day out in cambridge then make sure you flyin and is worth teh £25.00 (inc VAT)

NH
By Deeday
Been there today, while there's no landing fee this month for light aircraft.

Very nice GA terminal indeed but big disappointment about the cafeteria: not only is it closed at the weekend (going by what said in a previous post) but on a weekday it shuts at 2pm! as I discovered after landing at 13:55 :?
By ray
I think it's more a works canteen than a general cafeteria and I guess they want people back at work at 2pm ;-)

Last time I was there it reminded me of school dinners - some good stuff that would stick to your ribs on a cold day but nothing that would entice me to rush back. It was busy so they must be doing something right (or is there little competition?)