Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By NG Driver
I had my first CPL lesson today at Stapleford, and after I had finished and headed down to the small restaurant, I could have sworn I saw Alan Sugar walk in.

I know he has a pilots licence, and what with me still being on a high from actually being on my own CPL course, I couldn't be sure....

Anyone seen him around to confirm it was/wasnt him...?

HB
By AlexL
he flys a Cirrus SR22 out of there - is there quite a bit.

G-WAMS (one of staplefords Arrows) used to be his AMS = Alan Michael Sugar as in AMSTRAD - (AMS Trading)
He was flying there quite a bit when I did my flying at Stapleford.
I don't do 'hero' worship, or c'leb watching though, so I really couldn't give a toss!
By Irv Lee
Shuggy just phoned me as usual to discuss his day, and you wouldn't believe it, he said there was a new guy in the Stapleford restaurant today.

8)
By GavM
Hour Builder wrote:I had my first CPL lesson today at Stapleford, and after I had finished and headed down to the small restaurant, I could have sworn I saw Alan Sugar walk in.

I know he has a pilots licence, and what with me still being on a high from actually being on my own CPL course, I couldn't be sure....

Anyone seen him around to confirm it was/wasnt him...?

HB

Spoke to him at Gloucestershire Airport once, after he'd booked out. Was tempted to say "your're fired but resisted" :lol:
By Rob P
We have a far better class of celebs at Old Buckenham :)

Rob P
By Buzzc150
I haven't been there for a while, but used to see Sir Alan quite a lot down there. Seems like a decent enough guy.
By Neil Kent
AlexL wrote:he flys a Cirrus SR22 out of there - is there quite a bit.

G-WAMS (one of staplefords Arrows) used to be his AMS = Alan Michael Sugar as in AMSTRAD - (AMS Trading)

What does the "W" stand for then? :lol:
By NG Driver
Not sure-although saw him again today. I'll say hello next time I see him :-D