Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By harry remmington
Any info on the strip marked on OS map behind the Pub near Chessington World of Adventure ?
Jodelman liked this
By Timothy
I live more or less on it...what would like to know? eMail if preferred.
By Timothy
Come to think of it, our office SDSL has failed A-F**KING- GAIN, so if you need any info soon, please PM.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Living just about as close to Malden Rushett as Timothy, but knowing next to nothing about the operations there (if any), could Timothy enlighten me as well please ?

Iceman 8)
By chevvron
Strictly PPR; you'll have difficulty picking out the runway (N/S) without a briefing.
Don't know the number these days; in the days of the late Geoff Masterson it was Epsom 41976 I think.
By Timothy
I have passed all the details onto Harry.

Iceman, come and walk my dog with me tomorrow and we'll wander down there, it effectively runs along the side of Epsom Common. Give me a ring. It'll have to be in the morning, I am going out later.

I also have what must be your Hi-Vis that Bill went off with and has now returned. (Unless it's "kevin"'s)
By Sharpshotg
Does anyone have any uptodate contact information please.
Have passed by en route to / from Biggin recently and the strip stands out well.

Need to visit the area in my STOL aircraft and prefer grass to hard runways.

Thanks
By chevvron
Sharpshotg wrote:Does anyone have any uptodate contact information please.
Have passed by en route to / from Biggin recently and the strip stands out well.

Need to visit the area in my STOL aircraft and prefer grass to hard runways.

Thanks

Take a look at www.ukairfieldguide.net/Airfields/RushettFarm
Don't have a current phone number for Mr Woodhall if you can't find him in the phone book look for a Mr R Voice who keeps a Robin there.
By McTech
brings back memories - my first (paying) maintenance job was there, for GM. Twiddling with the Luscombe on a sunday, some old boy walked past with his dog, stopped for an hour long chat. Turned out to be Winkle...
By Sharpshotg
Thanks Chevvron.
Reckon Mr.Woodhall would have been well into his 90's, so will do a search on the other gentleman.
From the Google Maps imagery, it is being cut and has a windsleeve and only a couple of weeks ago, the strip stood out really well.
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Maybe they’ve chopped down a load of trees since I last looked at it (on foot) , but I recall that because of the proximity and the height of the surrounding trees, that you needed to be a seriously good STOL pilot with a very good STOL a/c to be safe using it. I stand to be corrected?
thegasguy liked this