Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm v. jealous.

Living within the one bit of the UK that is still locked down is no fun :(
My group owned Jodel dropped in on Saturday (not me in it).

I heard that Oban is aiming for 9th June for normal fuel service.
By rf3flyer
@mick w & @Miscellaneous Lovely pictures.
I couldn't go on Saturday and my home strip was clagged with the haar on the Sunday so I made the trip on the Monday. Very few aircraft remaining and the air surprisingly turbulent down and up the Great Glen making for a fairly challenging landing. But the rotor off the trees at the eastern end made take off even more challenging and was the scariest I've ever experienced.
mick w liked this
By mick w
djtaylor wrote:It was a great weekend, apparently Kirkbride sold 6,500 litres of Avgas and is now sold out.

I was the last to fill up , only 20 lts left for the Pilot behind me from Netherthorpe I believe :thumright:
By Ben Twings
mick w wrote:
Iceman wrote:What was the current rate at Kirkbride ?

Iceman 8)

£1.65 If I remember correctly :?

£1.65 is right.

Fortunately I was just ahead of Mick in the queue :D
Iceman, mick w liked this
By mick w
Ben Twings wrote:
mick w wrote:
Iceman wrote:What was the current rate at Kirkbride ?

Iceman 8)

£1.65 If I remember correctly :?

£1.65 is right.

Fortunately I was just ahead of Mick in the queue :D

I'd have been a little disgruntled had there not been enough for me. , after letting you go first :lol: another Face to a name Ben :thumright:
Ben Twings liked this
By AndyR
mick w wrote:I said a quiet hello to Keef from us all , and he asked ," if anyones coming up in the near future , my Bench could do with a lick of treatment " :wink: :thumright:

I’m going up later this month to do just that. Been a while since I ‘planted’ it there and had meant to get up there last year...
Miscellaneous, mick w, Iceman and 3 others liked this
By flyingakite
mick w wrote:
djtaylor wrote:It was a great weekend, apparently Kirkbride sold 6,500 litres of Avgas and is now sold out.

I was the last to fill up , only 20 lts left for the Pilot behind me from Netherthorpe I believe :thumright:

That was me, and I think I got the last 20 L before the dregs at the bottom of the tank!

Great trip to Glenforsa and will be back again.
By Trent772
Threading drifts......But.

I missed a few guys on Sunday because I didn't recognise or know etc. Would feel a right prawn saying does anyone know who I am.... Yea - do yer best fellas !

Met a couple of chaps who I already knew.

So

How about another meet at The Turd for lunch to get a bit of a Flyer meet going ?

I will start it in another thread, but as The Fors was so well attended, worth a mention here.
mick w, aligee liked this