Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Full Metal Jackass
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Apparently a Sea Fury has made a forced landing in Yeovil. Looking at the picture showing the propellor / engine separated from the rest, it's fortunate that the occupants weren't fatally injured....

Link to the breaking news story.....
By Rob P
They aren't having a lot of luck (pilot health apart) with their Sea Furies are they?

Rob P
By Full Metal Jackass
Just thinking about that incident, especially as the report say it just avoided housing.... Had Runway 22 been in use, the pilots might have force landed in the field behind my uncle's pub and they could have gotten "refreshments" there.....
By gaznav
Apparently it made it across the River Yeo and took out a few telegraph poles. Glad the Pilot is OK, but not so sure that she will fly again.

A new Charity “Navy Wings” had just taken over a couple of days ago, and I would suspect they may struggle with getting the old girl up and running: https://fleetairarmoa.org/news/charity- ... -of-nation

At least they still have the Stringbags left :thumright:
By PaulSS
@Full Metal Jackass H
ad Runway 22 been in use, the pilots might have force landed in the field behind my uncle's pub

Is that the Lamb & Lark? They used to do fantastic Mexican food and a particular favourite for the disembarked squadrons.....especially Friday lunchtime, pre-happy hour at The Wardroom :D
By Full Metal Jackass
PaulSS wrote:@Full Metal Jackass
Had Runway 22 been in use, the pilots might have force landed in the field behind my uncle's pub

Is that the Lamb & Lark? They used to do fantastic Mexican food and a particular favourite for the disembarked squadrons.....especially Friday lunchtime, pre-happy hour at The Wardroom :D

No, I'm referring to the Halfway House......