Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By foxmoth
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I think you will find the circuit deal is £1/T&G, there is a maximum 3 circuit limit stated but I understand this is so they don’t get swamped with people returning to flying but if quiet they seem happy to let you continue with more. I do suspect just after 12th (Airfield is closed on a Monday :( ) it will be rather busy for the first week or so!
That's correct, the circuit limitation is just part of our phased return increasing activity with manageable traffic levels as we re-train our AFISO's, however we will be flexible to permit more when activity levels allow so its not set in stone. It will certainly get busier once the Flying Schools resume with an initial influx of PPL checkouts and students getting back into their training.
We are *currently* closed Monday's but we are working behind the scenes on some flexibility this Summer, more details coming very soon. :)
Red, patowalker liked this
By foxmoth
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
rightofway wrote:.
We are *currently* closed Monday's but we are working behind the scenes on some flexibility this Summer, more details coming very soon. :)

I hope this will also allow late returns, 6pm finish is also very restrictive!
foxmoth wrote:I hope this will also allow late returns, 6pm finish is also very restrictive!

We’re actively working on various options within our ability, especially for based aircraft initially. In the short term we aim to remain flexible to one off requests where we can, as we have done during lockdown and over the past year with numerous aircraft movements outside the core hours. :)