For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By JAFO
@seanxair - I'm sure that your tales are true and that she had lost that feeling of love, it's a pity that she didn't say "I won't let you go." but maybe you're just a dirty ol' man and this was her year of decision. I am sure that you will get your love back but, until then, take good care of yourself and one day your long lost lover will return and you'll be able to hold your head high and say "Look what I did for love, I'm standing up for love, I'm not giving up, giving in." You'll find out that she's a woman in love, I'm not a liar, follow my advice and you'll make it easy on yourself.
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
kanga wrote:
Paultheparaglider wrote:Let's face it - if these Jabs weren't free ..

.. and in Scotland they get free Jags. Should the English be jealous ? :)

The Inverness football team called Inverness Caledonian Thistle are known as the Caley Jags :mrgreen:
By Rob L
Paultheparaglider wrote:PS I remember it as amatis and not amatus from O level Latin. Perhaps a more advanced Latin scholar can comment?

Where's Kanga when you need him? :wink:

I learned all that Latin verb rubbish at primary school and forgot it, but the principle of learning another language has stood me in good stead in subsequent years. Chemists; physicists; medics; astronomers and geologists (as examples) use Latin all the time.

But learning pure Latin (conjugation etc) I never understood!

Rob

[edit]: and botanists! [/edit]
Last edited by Rob L on Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.