Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By seanxair
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Mine was a bit stuffy to pick the GPS to begin with and again after a software update.

@Miscellaneous and @Tim Dawson I think I may have solved my issue but won't know until I next log on to the device when the tablet has charged again. Although my aircraft is saved in SD my hex code wasn't . Is that a possibility?
By PeteSpencer
G-JWTP wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:How long should SE GPS take to find itself at initial set up? I've been waiting for an hour (outdoors of course) and still nada....

Pete,

It could be you. :D

Didn't you have issues with a PAW?

G-JWTP

Nah: Moi? Sky echo? Piece of pi $$ to set up. :lol:

Peter
Flyin'Dutch', G-JWTP, AndyR liked this
seanxair wrote:Although my aircraft is saved in SD my hex code wasn't . Is that a possibility?

I certainly don't have a hex code in my SD, on checking I see I don't even have the reg.

Having switched both on to see if I could help I have found the iPad does not connect to the SE. This has never happened before. I wonder it is is a consequence of updating the IOS this morning?

Some troubleshooting to do myself now. :(
seanxair liked this
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
Sean, it will definitely have been that the hex code wasn’t set up correctly in your SkyDemon aircraft profile.
seanxair liked this
PeteSpencer wrote:Final query:
Does SE come fully up-to-date (firmware, software. Wi-Fi) ?

Will it tell me if/when I need to do any updating or do I have to go hunting?

Peter :wink:

Depends exactly on manufacture date vs last update, so quite a few of the ones shipped in Jan did'nt have the 13 Dec 2020 update

Fire up your SE and use your phone to go the status page

Then compare the versions with what you see here:
https://uavionix.com/support/skyecho/up ... -firmware/
https://uavionix.com/support/skyecho/up ... -software/

Unfortunately no way for the device to know automatically (it would have to connect to the internet) and no automated email from uAvionix
PeteSpencer liked this
Having had a play I have established my main iPad connects to the SE2, but does not receive the GPS signal. It has never done this before. I only updated to IOS 14.4 this morning.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please, @Cub ?

I have successfully connected another iPad running 12.4.8 and an Android phone. They both pick up the GPS instantaneously.

EDIT: from the configuration tab I get this message.

By G-JWTP
malcolmfrost wrote:
G-JWTP wrote:It may be down loading a directory. I can't remember the correct name for it.
It can take 2-3 hours if you are unlucky.

G-JWTP

Almanac!
Make sure you have a good view of the Southern sky as that is where most of the satellites are.

Bonus point to you Malcolm.

G-JWTP