Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By r_w_walker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
South Moor Farm. Dalby Forest air strip.

The fifth appeal against NYMNPA decision to refuse my planning application for
an air strip at South Moor Farm has started.

Thank you if you have already submitted comments to the North York Moors National Park Planning Authority, they will be sent to the planning inspector.

If you wish to add further information or comments you can do so at:-

https://acp.planninginspectorate.gov.uk

The planning inspectorate reference is 3265041

The refusal is still because Goshawk, Nightjar, Turtledoves etc might be affected.

Bob.
r_w_walker wrote:
The refusal is still because Goshawk, Nightjar, Turtledoves etc might be affected.

Is this the sole reason and is it supported by any law? Or is it just the decision/opinion of a single inspector?
By johnm
CloudHound wrote:How do these birds survive other forms of disturbance in their habitats?

You are allowing rational thought processes into a planning and conservation discussion, that'll never work :D
seanxair liked this
By PeteSpencer
CloudHound wrote:How do these birds survive other forms of disturbance in their habitats?

The OP has made detailed reference to the peaceful co-existence of wildlife and aeroplanes at Stoke Maries in his recent deposition to planners .
I was being somewhat rhetorical.

I edited CAP680/772 Wildlife Hazard Management at Aerodromes so think I know a bit about the subject.

It’s not machines that disturb birds it’s people. That’s why Bird Control Officers have to get out of their vehicle. The sight of a Range Rover is not a deterrent.

Some of the best habitats for birds are within military firing ranges - some noise no people.
johnm liked this
By rikur_
oldbiggincfi wrote:

Everyone should go to a Council Planning Meeting once in their lifetime .

Some of them feel like they last a lifetime. Last one I attended was 5hr 30mins, albeit it felt much longer.
By GrahamB
I remember sitting in the Calais cafe and seeing a Kestrel hover over the runway, and a Harrier (too far away to say which) chasing up and down the grass beyond it.

The presence of Welshpool Airport does nothing to deter the presence of the local Red Kites and Buzzards, nor numerous other avian visitors to the wildlife reserve less than half a mile from the 22 threshold, including most notably a Bittern a year or two back.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this