Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Cub
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
https://www.flyer.co.uk/skyecho-tops-caas-electronic-conspicuity-rebate-scheme/

Rather than kick off yet another polarised argument between zealots, I would just comment that it is really great news to see that the vast majority of sales, regardless of manufacturer, appear to enable a common interoperable standard of electronic emission in the GA fleet - ADS-B Out

This has to be good news and offers a real safety benefit to all airspace users.
Last edited by Cub on Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By nallen
Mine arrived yesterday -- rebate applied for.
By T6Harvard
I emailed the CAA to ask if there was any chance that we student pilots could use the rebate scheme before it ends (I know we are currently excluded). Obvs they said No but they did say they are reviewing the criteria so keep checking their website for updates.
I was interested to read this:

SkyEcho 868 rebates claimed
Pilot Aware Rosetta 302
FLARM 143
Certified GNSS source for Mode S transponder including a GNSS position source 53
Power FLARM 35
ADS-B Out capable transponder inclusive of GNSS position source (Mode S enabled) 29
ADS-B Out capable transponder without GNSS position source (Mode S) 26
Other 32

I couldn’t figure out the “other”? Especially when the CAA listed:

ADS-B Out capable transponder inclusive of GNSS position source (Mode S ES Enabled).
ADS-B Out capable transponder without GNSS position source (Mode S ES)
Certified GNSS source for Mode S ES transponders (Including a GNSS position sources in line with the recently published AIC2019Y141, example being Trig TN72)
FLARM
Power FLARM
Pilot Aware Rosetta
Sky Echo 2

Any ideas on the “other”? :?:
By RobertPBham
Credit where credit is due - I cannot fault the CAA rebate process.

Waited for Transair to have stock at the end of Jan and ordered and received device. Submitted rebate form and within 9 days (including weekends) I had the rebate in my account.

Everything is now ready to go once flying season is unleashed!
By Cub
gaznav wrote:I was interested to read this:

SkyEcho 868 rebates claimed
Pilot Aware Rosetta 302
FLARM 143
Certified GNSS source for Mode S transponder including a GNSS position source 53
Power FLARM 35
ADS-B Out capable transponder inclusive of GNSS position source (Mode S enabled) 29
ADS-B Out capable transponder without GNSS position source (Mode S) 26
Other 32

I couldn’t figure out the “other”? Especially when the CAA listed:

ADS-B Out capable transponder inclusive of GNSS position source (Mode S ES Enabled).
ADS-B Out capable transponder without GNSS position source (Mode S ES)
Certified GNSS source for Mode S ES transponders (Including a GNSS position sources in line with the recently published AIC2019Y141, example being Trig TN72)
FLARM
Power FLARM
Pilot Aware Rosetta
Sky Echo 2

Any ideas on the “other”? :?:

We are certainly selling ping 1090s to the UAS community. Maybe a few of those?
Perhaps some of the lesser known, or at least on this forum, items might be included I.e.
GARMIN GDL50
TRX - 2000
Aérobits Combined ADS-B and FLARM Unit.
There are also some certified kit based on FLARM OEM that add ADS-B and ARINC data format for some of the certified display kit.
By Cub
Marvin wrote:Perhaps some of the lesser known, or at least on this forum, items might be included I.e.
GARMIN GDL50
TRX - 2000
Aérobits Combined ADS-B and FLARM Unit.
There are also some certified kit based on FLARM OEM that add ADS-B and ARINC data format for some of the certified display kit.

I thought it had to transmit something to be eligible?
I believe not. I know two of the devices have been accepted.

The FLARM OEM modules transmits FLARM and the aerobits unit is a ads-b and FLARM out according to the blurb.

I guess if you already have ads-b out by some means then resolving the in bit also qualifies.