Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Last I heard the gigafactory was set for Blyth in Northumberland having had a false start in Wales, so I'm not sure what's going on. There was a suggestion that some of the principals might be less than expert in the field and that their probity was a bit iffy.

I suppose there could be more than one gigafactory though, I'm not well versed in the terminology....
By FlightDek
Looks clear to me. The picture in the BBC article shows the factory as taking up the existing runway location. The stripe on the roof even shows where the runway was
By oakworth
FlightDek wrote:Looks clear to me. The picture in the BBC article shows the factory as taking up the existing runway location. The stripe on the roof even shows where the runway was

You can still see the threshold. If they leave the factory doors open at each end then I’m up for it.
FlightDek, ChampChump, bogopper and 5 others liked this
By gregorp
Well, Long Marston gone, Coventry going and Wellesbourne and Halfpenny Green’s future doubtful, there will be no hard runways left for GA in the West Midlands. Any airfield left standing should be a good economic bet.
By Bathman
And I thought the revenue from the development of the south east side (You know the bit where the grass runways used to be) was going to be used to develop the rest of the airport.

Bye, bye aviation bye bye
By flybymike
26 airfields currently listed as under threat in the last AOPA mag, and I don’t think that even included Coventry.
By ArthurG
Mr. Shapps doesn't appear to be doing a great job, does he?

"The Secretary of State for Transport wishes to see that the UK benefits from being the best place in the world for general aviation", went the blather. Surely the plight of
UK GA airports couldn't be much worse if he was maliciously hostile to GA.
AshleyFlynn23, UncleT, 2Donkeys and 1 others liked this