Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Stampe
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
If it gets approved vital that the properties have a clause in the deeds recognising the existence and use of the airfield.I believe this has been done at Solent!Regards Stampe
Flying_john, rdfb, Spooky and 1 others liked this
By Fellsteruk
The plan itself looks pretty good and I guess unlocks a lot of cash for HPG which can only be a good thing and they appear to be upgrading much of the site.

I agree though about possible complaints but what d#%+*¥ head buys a house literally on an airfield without noticing the noise or possible issues, if I lived down that end I’d be moving there in a heartbeat ;)

I also suspect, hope that the construction of the homes will take advantage of triple glazing and other technologies to at least ensure the noise, when in the house isn’t an issue.

I do however if approved it’s not the start of the end as I do like this airfield.
T6Harvard, EdH  liked this
I think the thread title is misleading.

The airport is endeavouring to significantly improve its infrastructure . It is financing this through the adjacent housing development.

I think the main stumbling block to this being approved is the poor local road access and local opposition (the area has many high net wealth individuals with country residences).

I may be biased - I was an Air Scout at Halfpenny Green 52 years ago!
EdH , Trent772, JAFO and 1 others liked this
By EdH
FLYER Team Member  FLYER Team Member
Presuming that there's something in the plans to say if you buy a house, don't complain about the aircraft noise, then that's surely got to be a great way to help an airfield like Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green develop for the future - look at all the new hangarage the scheme brings!
Trent772 liked this
By MarkOlding
I thought I read somewhere on this Forum that there is a stipulation that now means you can't move to a property in close proximity to a motor racing circuit, concert venue, airport etc. that was there before you moved in and then complain about noise and disturbance.
If that's the case, has it ever been tried in court yet - anyone know ?
By Paul_Sengupta
The problem with these developments is that it's just a foot in the door. Roads will be built which end at the airport boundary ready for the next phase. They did this at Panshanger.

If the airfield wants to make money, why not buy land a long way from the airfield and build houses there? Is there something wrong with our planning laws? (rhetorical!)
Paul_Sengupta wrote:If the airfield wants to make money, why not buy land a long way from the airfield and build houses there? Is there something wrong with our planning laws? (rhetorical!)

That would require additional money to buy the new building land. Presumably they already own the land referred to here.