Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I received this doc via LAA strut (I can't find it online):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jTTqex ... sp=sharing

ACP : https://airspacechange.caa.co.uk/Public ... ea?pID=330

Looks like they want to add a TDA around Mull to allow drones to deliver COVID tests. The TDA would go from Oban along the north and south coasts of Mull below 400 feet. They previously had a TDA from Oban to Craignure.

Looks to me like it covers some of the Glenforsa visual circuit (although the map appears low resolution to me).
I assume that they would want to offer a Danger Area Crossing Service from Oban like they did before (although it isn't mentioned in the ACP) but most of the area mentioned I believe isn't within Oban's radio range?

They only want this consultation to be open for the next 2 weeks, so respond quickly if you feel you are a stakeholder?
By Stampe
Given the importance of testing both to the individuals concerned and the nation as a whole I would suggest the use of experimental drones and the risks to valuable resources is highly irresponsible of the CAA and the drone experimenters.The Post Office is operating normally in the area as are freight services.Pure attempt at free publicity on the back of this global crisis.Keep Safe Stampe
By Iceman
There’s nothing else flying around Mull or in to Glenforsa at the moment, apart from the odd medivac flight, so it would seem like an ideal time to me to perform whatever service they are offering over and above the normal post office deliveries.

Iceman 8)
If remote surgeries / medical centres in that area get snowbound then it seems a damn good idea to utilise drones to deliver samples. Why not test the system before roads close completely.
You seem to forget that if one through route closes there made be a 150 mile detour to get round it.
Iceman liked this
Stampe wrote:Given the importance of testing both to the individuals concerned and the nation as a whole I would suggest the use of experimental drones and the risks to valuable resources is highly irresponsible of the CAA and the drone experimenters.The Post Office is operating normally in the area as are freight services.Pure attempt at free publicity on the back of this global crisis.Keep Safe Stampe

These don’t seem to be “experimental” drones just a new route to fly them. I doubt very much that they would be carrying a beating heart to a dying patient on an experimental drone maiden test flight!
This is a bit of a concern - besides Glenforsa, the 'low level' weather route from the south or east to Oban airport etc, is via Crinan and then Easdale and Oban town.

If we would need to be above 1000ft at Easdale and Oban this could in some situations be tricky, particularly as radio coverage from either Oban Info, Scottish Info or Scottish West Coast is variable and none can be relied upon in the Easdale area.

Be good to know if they are proposing to have some sort of additional radio service?