Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By ROG
On u-tube.
Guy takes off in stol taildragger in 2 and a half feet.
Best landing 8 feet
WILD WEST aircraft---there are a few different videos on the plane--where he"s trying to reduce the distances.
Worth a look if you"re not too busy .
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Not without risk! There’s one video where energetic braking stood the aeroplane on its nose accompanied by loud groans all round.......
By Lockhaven
ROG wrote:On u-tube.
Guy takes off in stol taildragger in 2 and a half feet.
Best landing 8 feet
WILD WEST aircraft---there are a few different videos on the plane--where he"s trying to reduce the distances.
Worth a look if you"re not too busy .

You mean this one.

Iceman liked this
By seanxair
Have a look at this which I found a while ago. About 1min 40 the flying starts. Bit more testing albeit uses a little more ground

Tim Dawson liked this
By Lockhaven
seanxair wrote:Have a look at this which I found a while ago. About 1min 40 the flying starts. Bit more testing albeit uses a little more ground

If you view that guys videos "Big Rocks and Long Props" on Youtube he has some amazing videos not for the faint hearted, he has also uploads with the user name the "Mauleguy"

seanxair liked this
By JAFO
aerial wrote:Really cuts the cost of flying when you're paying for brakes off to brakes on!

Doesn't take much to mow the strip, either.
By Ben Twings
In the competitions they are stripped of all un-needed weight except maybe a lead weight on the tailwheel to get CG aft, very fine pitched props spinning past normal RPM limits and lots (and lots) of practice.

I've met Steve Henry who seems to spend most of his life building and improving the STOL performance with extra lift devices, nitrous injection.

As a result they are often not very useful everyday flying machines.

I have managed a take-off in less than 2 aircraft lengths with my Cub lightly loaded and a stiff headwind and it does put a smile on your face.

This videowas on the first flight after I shipped it back to the UK.
By ROG
Farmer-=i"d have a word with that dog if I were you--he didn"t appear to show much interest.
By TheFarmer
The dog sometimes sits in the middle of the runway waiting for me to come back. I sometimes have to call Mrs Farmer from the overhead to call her back in so I can land. :D
Iceman, Flyin'Dutch', MachFlyer and 2 others liked this
By Lockhaven
TheFarmer wrote:The dog sometimes sits in the middle of the runway waiting for me to come back. I sometimes have to call Mrs Farmer from the overhead to call her back in so I can land. :D

Maybe the dog wants to go flying with you.