For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
PeteSpencer wrote:How am I gonna get my vaccination invitation? :lol:

My local doctor's surgery sent me an SMS text last week saying that they would be in touch with a date now they have started to roll it out and asked me not to contact the surgery to ask. I expect to get a date by the same method. Mind you, I have had so many texts in the last 6 months from them offering vaccinations against shingles, 'flu, and several things I had never heard of; had I taken them all up I would be like a pin cushion. I hope that doesn't mean that they will do an Obama and send me to the back of the queue for the Covid one. :lol:

PW
Propwash wrote:I wonder how much input the prime minister's protection team had in the choice of location for the cycle exercise he chose to take? :wink:

PW

We'd all be much better off if people didn't think that 7 miles on a bike was a long way.
eltonioni wrote:
Propwash wrote:I wonder how much input the prime minister's protection team had in the choice of location for the cycle exercise he chose to take? :wink:

PW

We'd all be much better off if people didn't think that 7 miles on a bike was a long way.

Which wasn't really the point I was making. :roll:

There are, for the subject of personal protection, several factors other than distance which would be a consideration. Not all them are decided by the principal. :D

PW
PeteSpencer, eltonioni, JAFO liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Our GP surgery seem happy to receive emails and act on them( request for prescriptions etc) but not so keen to communicate by email, preferring postal stuff .

As it happens we’ve just had a huge wad of post delivered after all..... :wink:
PeteSpencer wrote:Our GP surgery seem happy to receive emails and act on them( request for prescriptions etc) but not so keen to communicate by email, preferring postal stuff .

Backwater Luddites. :lol:

Well now wash your hands then. :wink:

PW
PeteSpencer liked this
By PeteSpencer
Propwash wrote:

Well now wash your hands then. :wink:

PW[/quote]

The mail's hanging up in the garden as I speak dripping with BP super unleaded...................
Propwash liked this
Rob P wrote:It's encouraging to see Sainsbury taking a harder line now. Hopefully this will be the finish for couples shopping together.

Rob P

The people that wind me up are those that stand for several minutes looking at shelves of oranges, bananas or something similar like they have never seen them before, all they need to do is pick up what they want then move on and let everyone else do the same.
Tell me about it.

The reverse is also true, if I am standing at the store's chip freezer trying to decide between several hundred different varieties of sliced potato and I sense someone behind me I tend to grab one at random, rather than worry if they think I'm a doddery old t**t and will then whine about me on their Facebook page.

Rob P

Anyone want a pack of Cajun Flavour Twisty Potato Twirls? Asking for a friend.
Rob P wrote:Hopefully this will be the finish for couples shopping together.

Guilty, :oops: It's more a case of being together while doing a bunch of things together. Since I work from home I have to invent social contact out of thin air which currently is one of two things; I run to meet Mrs E at work and we call at the supermarket on the way home, or more depressingly I make an effort to dress decently and walk for an hour to meet her before going to the supermarket. If I'm missing face-to-face human contact I can only imagine how it is for other people who are home alone - maybe a trip to the supermarket with a bubble friend is the big event of the week. The thought of not even being able to buy groceries with another human is too depressing to contemplate even for an eternal optimist like me.
flybymike, PeteSpencer, Nick liked this
Not to mention that not everybody will be physically capable of lifting/carrying all the shopping without help. It isn’t shopping in pairs that is a problem; it is disregarding the needs of other customers whether alone or as a pair. Consideration for others used to he the default setting in British shops. I think it became unfashionable around the same time as orderly queues.

PW
eltonioni, flybymike, PeteSpencer and 2 others liked this
Well Sainsbury are being specific that people should shop alone. I am looking forward to relatively strict enforcement.

I shall report back tomorrow

Rob P
Aldi it is then. I have a lot of sympathy Rob, my dad mumps about exactly the same thing and he's a roughty toughy ex copper in his 70s who's fitter than most kids in their 30s. He hates the supermarket for all the reasons you outlined but basically he's been frightened by all the irresponsible reporting.
By flybymike
Rob P wrote:Well Sainsbury are being specific that people should shop alone. I am looking forward to relatively strict enforcement.

I shall report back tomorrow

Rob P

The Twitter mob intend to boycott the supermarkets insisting on single visitors only. “Sod ‘em we’ll take our business elsewhere”
Mrs fbm wouldn’t allow me to shop on my own because I am incapable of purchasing the correct products with the correct use by dates, and I don’t carefully check the fruit and veg to make sure it’s the best available,
She won’t lug heavy shopping with her gammy hip and I have to transfer it to the car myself.
Thankfully I don’t need to actually set foot in the store itself which at least saves me the irritation of placing my bacteria ridden, spit laden, carbon dioxide tent in front of my breathing apparatus and trying to keep it there without my nose running and a growing sense of asphyxiation.