Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By JAFO
The Kissimmee Bum wrote:When Covid is all over...………

I'm going to skip naked along the entire length of runway 35 / 17!

That is not an image I needed in my mind. I am now uncertain as to whether COVID is that bad after all. :wink:
Stu B liked this
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob L wrote:COVID will never be "all over", as per the OP. It's not the same as the 1918 'flu pandemic; the world population is too large now, and the insistence of creating a cure for this disease is overriding many other medical priorities.
The world will continue to develop viruses for reasons unknown to me (SARS, bird 'flu etc)
I think we will have to make do & mend as best we can.

As for booking Instructors; they're as likely as rusty as the rest of us...I'd rather check myself out than let a rusty instructor do so.

As @widebody says, there are instructors and instructors. Some may have had very little flying whilst others may have done loads.

It’s your revision and your money, so you should chose an instructor that has the experience to deliver what you need.
Rob L liked this
By Rob L
Lefty wrote:
Rob L wrote:COVID will never be "all over", as per the OP. It's not the same as the 1918 'flu pandemic; the world population is too large now, and the insistence of creating a cure for this disease is overriding many other medical priorities.
The world will continue to develop viruses for reasons unknown to me (SARS, bird 'flu etc)
I think we will have to make do & mend as best we can.

As for booking Instructors; they're as likely as rusty as the rest of us...I'd rather check myself out than let a rusty instructor do so.

As @widebody says, there are instructors and instructors. Some may have had very little flying whilst others may have done loads.

It’s your revision and your money, so you should chose an instructor that has the experience to deliver what you need.

I don't disagree!
Rob
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member

So long as you aren't suggesting to us that we all line up and 'Kiss me bum.....' :pale: .
By The Kissimmee Bum
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
PeteSpencer wrote:

So long as you aren't suggesting to us that we all line up and 'Kiss me bum.....' :pale: .

Nah. Feel free to join me though!
:D :D :D