For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Don't know if this is a uniquely British problem, but it seems to stem from the belief that someone, as well as the perpetrator of a crime, is also responsible.

In a worst case scenario we let a retired doctor/nurse/vet/farmer loose with the needles, one of them decides to use something other than the intended vaccine. Instead of just the perpetrator being brought to justice we/society/lawyers go "Who appointed this person? What checks did you carry out?" "None?" Then you too are guilty (of negligence?) and will also be punished.

My mother in her declining years was in Abbeyfield sheltered accommodation. No nursing or medical care, but there were resident wardens, so at least there was someone on site in case of emergency during the night or whenever. In one of their homes one manager stole from a resident. Not only the manager was guilty, but also the volunteer directors for not identifying the bad egg before there appointment.

edited for double their/their f'wittery

Net result is that managers are withdrawn from all the homes (so the directors can't be found guilty again) and protection for residents is reduced. Brilliant.
Last edited by Charles Hunt on Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnm, JAFO, flybymike liked this
I'd volunteer if I wasn't so busy in the day job as a farmer ....

I'm very experienced in the vaccinating game and can literally jab hundreds an hour. I only stop now and then to wipe the needle if dirty or to replace it if it gets bent. :D :twisted: :wink: :lol: :thumleft:

SS
PeteSpencer, johnm, AndyR and 4 others liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Many people in the public eye have likened the situation to a 'war footing'.
Major incidents declared all over the place:
Don't recall troops in Desert Storm having to fill in forms in deca-cinquiplicate before launching off across the sand...................... :roll:
By johnm
I may have mentioned the compensation/blame culture and political correctness once or twice. :roll:

My two retired neighbours (an orthodontist and an anaesthetist) are still chugging through this, but I think their first attempt simply stalled and fell apart and they're having another go......
JAFO, flybymike liked this
We are reminded time and time again if given antibiotics by the doc - “you MUST finish the course of tablets”. Inevitably, when people feel better, they stop taking them, this being the main reason for antibiotic resistance. No doubt there will be some who, after getting their first jag, will not turn up for the second.
What would be the body’s reaction say, if they received the first jag, then became smitten by the virus a week later - what happens to the immune system ?
By PeteSpencer
johnm wrote:
Robin500 wrote:Given a choice would you have one of the nMRA vaccines, or the AZ ?

I'll have whatever is going, but I'd like both doses to be the same vaccine....

Yep two doses is a pre requisite for my picking up the volunteer jabber trail again.

And I’d be delighted if the second dose came after the original certified interval.

Meantime I’m sitting on my hands......... :wink:
johnm liked this
johnm wrote:
Robin500 wrote:Given a choice would you have one of the nMRA vaccines, or the AZ ?

I'll have whatever is going, but I'd like both doses to be the same vaccine....

AIUI from an actual NERVTAG doc' on the tranny this morning it should make no difference as it's only the carrier - ie delivery mechanism - that's different. The proteiny bit that wibbles the body into making antibodies* works the same with them all.

* not a technical description
By Flyin'Dutch'
eltonioni wrote: The proteiny bit that wibbles the body into making antibodies* works the same with them all.

* not a technical description

Pretty accurate description! :D

People are now being too picky, a neighbour was standing in the queue with her 90 yr old mother and the person in front and behind both declined saying they would rather have the AZ vaccine. back of the queue I say!
[/quote]

Ah bless them, the f**king idiots.
PeteSpencer wrote:Many people in the public eye have likened the situation to a 'war footing'.
Major incidents declared all over the place:
Don't recall troops in Desert Storm having to fill in forms in deca-cinquiplicate before launching off across the sand...................... :roll:

quite
By PeteSpencer
Robin500 wrote:I know there are at least 2 medically qualified professionals here. Do you have any concerns about being injected with the nMRA types.

Nope : anyone will do me , and soon .

I have complete faith in the medical research and development which has been accomplished with mind blowing skill and rapidity .
Nick, Robin500, MikeB and 4 others liked this