Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Crash one wrote:JAFO
Try “Flying Wild Alaska”
Certainly the real thing and well worth a re run.

Yep especially the little dippy Ariel Tweto doing her PPL with her mate Ponts .......................
Iceman liked this
By RisePilot
PeteSpencer wrote:Airplane Repo looked decidedly staged

It was. It's the only aviation show that has you wishing for a crash (odd for a pilot).

One of the repo'd helicopters, in one episode, was one that I had hired the summer before on holiday. I called them and asked what helicopters they still in fleet (after that one was gone) and they said "no worries, it's still here; that show is all staged".
By Rob P
It's a racing certainty that all reality shows are staged

Classic example is some US thing where groups of fame hungry weirdos posing as dealers bid on abandoned storage units which always appear to be full of useless tat until the last minute find of a Picasso or gold ingot. I believe they 'found' a Cub or something in one episode.

Rob P
By Crash one
JAFO wrote:
Crash one wrote:JAFO
Try “Flying Wild Alaska”
Certainly the real thing and well worth a re run.

Oh, brilliant. Now I'll never get anything done. :thumright:

Makes a mockery of our interpretation of “can’t fly due to bad weather”.
JAFO liked this
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Dangerous Flights - I watched the first few episodes last night. Entertaining from a flying point of view but highly contrived and typically American from a sensationalist point of view. Having said that, I hope that the Polish skydivers have taken out insurance for ‘flying’ in that Cessna :lol:.

Iceman 8)
JAFO liked this
By JAFO
Favourite quote from Flying Wild Alaska so far:

We've had years when less than ten people have died
:shock:

Although:

It's cold, I'm the worst Eskimo ever, the weather sucks.

Takes some beating.
Iceman liked this