Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
You know, its odd... but I found actually picking up the phone and calling them meant I spoke to a very nice lady who delt with my request instantly...
:shock:
...Amazing this high tech stuff today, eh??

Regards, SD.. :wink:
kanga liked this
I have been using Lightspeed Zulus for the past 10years or so and on the couple of occasions I have had problems their customer service have responded very quickly to my emails with advice and help.
Lightspeed Zulus are a much better and robust headset than Bose imho.
By riverrock
Only time I have dealt with Lightspeed customer services was when the flight bag, which came as part of an offer with the headset, developed a fault.
The offer was over at that point and they didn't have any more available in Europe, so they sent a replacement bag from USA, no quibble.
By tcc1000
skydriller wrote:Lightspeed will also send you a thicker headband for those with a smaller head that find the standard size "hang" on the head.

I did this and (after a couple of attempts by them to set up an account on their system), sent me it from the US. Unfortunately, and for reasons I still can't quite figure out, there was a few pounds import duty to pay plus a £12 admin fee. So if you need the thicker headband, just pay for one and order it from the UK..

As for the headset, I went for them as I thought I'd prefer the bigger ear cups. It is physically larger which means it can sometimes rub on seatbelts. I also had the "warbling" problem with the thinner headband - where it sort of vibrates slightly away from your head (not quite clamping enough) and the ANR causes a warbling sound. On the whole, I'd buy the same again (for me, 75% of the price of the Bose) but I haven't use the Bose for more than a few minutes. Definitely get Bluetooth for warnings from SkyDemon (or similar).
By skydriller
tcc1000 wrote:I did this and (after a couple of attempts by them to set up an account on their system), sent me it from the US. Unfortunately, and for reasons I still can't quite figure out, there was a few pounds import duty to pay plus a £12 admin fee.

Thats really wierd... did you call the US directly?
I spoke to a nice lady who just "fixed it" free...

Regards, SD..
By tcc1000
I emailed them as it said in the manual. I should have been clear - it wasn't Lightspeed that charged my anything. It was UK customs + royal mail / parcelforce's admin fee.