Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Dominie
Iceman wrote:An interesting statistic.

Iceman 8)

Just proves the old adage - "there's lies, damned lies and statistics". Including an act of (effectively) war is pointless. Put it another way, if you exclude the Ukraine 737, there were ONLY 123 fatalities in the whole year, of which 98 were a single incident (Pakistan A320). Even the Guardian wants an eye-catching headline.

Thinking about it yet another way, the 299 TOTAL worldwide commercial aviation fatalities for 2020 were about 0.4% of the reported deaths from Covid 19 in just the UK in the same year. Covid has caused the about same number of deaths in the UK as a loaded wide-body passenger airliner crashing EVERY DAY of the year. Imagine that headline.
By Lockhaven
My aircraft is insured with Visicover and the premiums came down £4 when it was renewed in October, nothing on the policy was changed from the previous year.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Dominie wrote:Covid has caused the about same number of deaths in the UK as a loaded wide-body passenger airliner crashing EVERY DAY of the year. Imagine that headline.

With the current rate about three fully loaded 747s per day.
By Miscellaneous
:lol: :lol: not exactly what I was asking. Nevertheless, I'm sorry to hear that. :wink:

Has anyone opted to go with the LAA offering? Having gone through their quote procedure I was directed to unrelated page on requesting the quote. The proposal also seems a little light on required info, such as liability cover and other options. :?
By Flying_john
Miscellaneous wrote:Anyone aware of a problem with the Flycovered website?

TIA :thumright:

That could be a problem if you have opted for the option where you notify them of the day you want to fly, if their server is down !!

I am due to re-insure ours and was considering using them.

Anyone else insuring with FlyCovered using their Ground Risks + 7 days cover ?
By ozplane
I was surprised that at my recent renewal, my regular insurer wouldn't reduce the premium as I don't need the MOD cover but Visicover does. Nor would they let me go on Ground cover only until the lockdown lifts. Apparently you can only have the type of cover one starts with and not chop and change. Fly Covered wouldn't insure me at all as I'm over 75, which strikes me as a bit ageist.
flybymike liked this
By ArthurG
Miscellaneous wrote::lol: :lol: not exactly what I was asking. Nevertheless, I'm sorry to hear that. :wink:

Has anyone opted to go with the LAA offering? Having gone through their quote procedure I was directed to unrelated page on requesting the quote. The proposal also seems a little light on required info, such as liability cover and other options. :?

After Haywards for a number of years, I went with the LAA for two years, and they were well priced for me, but the renewal amount this year was a little disconcerting. Visicover for me this time.