For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
Pete L wrote:Arctic Murder (C4, Walter Presents)

New series arriving within the week. :D

Rob P
kanga liked this
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The only problem with this surfeit of Nordic Noir is it's preventing Viv from being bored enough to grit her teeth and sit through Season 5 of The Expanse with me. It's generally just above her sci-fi tolerance threshold.
Rob P liked this
By MattL
Just binge watched Giri/Haji which was a joint U.K.BBC / Japanese detective / gangster series set in London and Tokyo. Quite enjoyable and interesting to see some of the Japanese cinematography influences. Think I’m going to find some Le Carre stuff to rewatch now.
kanga, Dusty_B liked this
By kanga
Rob P wrote:
Pete L wrote:Arctic Murder (C4, Walter Presents)

New series arriving within the week. :D

Rob P

Fri 8 Jan, More4, 2100

Also: Tue 4 Jan, C4, 2305: Monster (Norwegian), part 1 of 7 (rest on All4)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5157290/
By TheKentishFledgling
We finished The Queen’s Gambit earlier. Thoroughly enjoyed it...apart from the final few minute which left me feeling quite underwhelmed. Skimming some online reviews it seems I’m in the minority with that view. I guess I just hoped for more of a “conclusion”.

Looking forward to giving the book a read.
Colonel Panic liked this
By Rob P
Samsonite wrote: ...but I need to Spiral first !

And it did not disappoint - though I missed Judge Roban, even if his replacement is a bit foxy.
Last edited by Rob P on Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By akg1486
For those who don't want to commit too much time, don't want to pay for a streaming service and like aviation, I have the following recommendation:

https://www.youtube.com/c/MissionarybushPilot

It's a bush pilot in Papua New Guinea, so the views and "airfields" are spectacular. Each video is between 15 and 30 minutes long.
By Paul_Sengupta
I don't know how you lot find the time. This evening I did some cooking, cleaned up after myself, sat down to read the forum and now it's 6:20am. I really should get some sleep. No time for TV unless I don't sleep at all (then I'll fall asleep watching it).
Rjk983 liked this
By Rob P
It's a bit easier when two of you are splitting the domestic drudgery.

So last night we started out on both Arctic Murders (or as the continuity announcer would have it 'Artic Murders'. Standards really are slipping) and Monster

I think we will have to rest one or the other for the time being as it can get a bit confusing, especially as we haven't come to the end of River yet.

Arctic Murders has lost the really pretty leading character as the role has been recast, but that apart was much as before , requiring some concentration to remember which Scandinavian name belonged to which character. As some critic put it, you don't get lines like "That dead reindeer is required as evidence" in Line of Duty.

Monster? Not sure yet.

Rob P
kanga liked this
By TheKentishFledgling
malcolmfrost wrote:Although not strictly streaming, The Serpent last night on BBC was pretty reasonable, especially for anyone that had been to Bangkok around that time!

Another vote for The Serpent on the iPlayer. I am totally and utterly phobic of snakes, so was a little dubious given the title, but apart from the opening credits of each episode (when I took up position hiding behind a cushion :D) there's only a few scenes to worry about :lol:

Gripping TV, and quite looking forward to reading the "true story" once we've watched the finale this evening.
Colonel Panic liked this
By PeteSpencer
Paul_Sengupta wrote:I don't know how you lot find the time. This evening I did some cooking, cleaned up after myself, sat down to read the forum and now it's 6:20am. I really should get some sleep. No time for TV unless I don't sleep at all (then I'll fall asleep watching it).

As a long term insomniac getting by with probably 3-4 hours sleep each night I need something to fill the long dark hours.

Streaming's it.
By Pete L
Any suggestions for what can replace the Big Bang Theory as the go-to short-and-funny watch? We slowed to a crawl on Disenchantment but will probably pick that back up . I was hopeful of Parks & Recreation but it's not on Netflix.