Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By A4 Pacific
Absolutely outstanding!

I now realise what lack of imagination I showed in my early teens when I was merely throwing smouldering Messerschmitts out of my bedroom window!
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Excellent, although unimpressed at the 3-point take-offs on both sides, although at least the RAF remembered to raise their gear. Maybe that was the deciding factor in the battle?

G
davef77 liked this
By Flintstone
Pssssst! G!

Them woz Stukas.
:wink:

A4 Pacific wrote:Absolutely outstanding!

I now realise what lack of imagination I showed in my early teens when I was merely throwing smouldering Messerschmitts out of my bedroom window!

I did that too. I once rigged a fishing line from a second floor window to the back garden fence, hung the model on it with the plan being to douse it in lighter fuel and watch the burning nazi glide to fiery grave.

Two seconds into descent the fishing line melted and a burning blob of Airfix's finest landed on Mum's laundry. I lost a month's pocket money over that one. :roll:
Rob P, Dave W, MikeW and 4 others liked this
By Charles Hunt
If only I'd been there with my bucket of water.

Having learned that if you did it fast enough you could swing a bucket of water over your head, ever a fan of the experimental approach I thought I'd give it a go.

Into the back garden, start with small forward and backward swings, full acceleration forward, the bucket swings in a graceful arc up and over my head.................and makes a sudden stop as it contacts Mum's washing line.

Grrrrarrrghsplffft......
Dave W, MikeW, Flintstone and 1 others liked this
By Flintstone
Genghis the Engineer wrote:Pssst Flinty, watch the bf109 take-offs. :pirat:
G

Psssst. G. Yes, I know. I was just pulling your leg. :wink:
By cockney steve
Nick Parks, eat your heart out. :lol: Highlights for me, - the dog,the clearplastic-looking "altitude detector-beams" projecting from below most aircraft, the scrambling crew "polka-ing "out to their aircraft
the flashing guns. A memorable and extremely entertaining short film. Anyone minded of "Morph?"

There ain't much new , but this was a truly creditable presentation. :thumright: :thumleft:
By ls8pilot
Really good . I always think the Hurricane doesn't get enough credit so it was nice to see one shown. Am I right in remembering there were actually more Hurricanes than Spits in the battle?