Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
The GoFundMe link says
In November 2020 she suffered a fuel pump failure and came down on broken ground. Thankfully there were no injuries to her pilot, but the same can't be said of November Zulu. She requires a full rebuild.

The issue the Tiger Club have (AIUI) with getting another aircraft is that they would need to find another Rollason-built one, and these are in short supply. I think that, regardless of many rebuilds, Rollason-built aircraft have some sort of exemption when it comes to people who pay to fly them.
Dominie wrote:The GoFundMe link says
In November 2020 she suffered a fuel pump failure and came down on broken ground. Thankfully there were no injuries to her pilot, but the same can't be said of November Zulu. She requires a full rebuild.

The issue the Tiger Club have (AIUI) with getting another aircraft is that they would need to find another Rollason-built one, and these are in short supply. I think that, regardless of many rebuilds, Rollason-built aircraft have some sort of exemption when it comes to people who pay to fly them.

Spitfires used to be in short supply until someone realised you could build a new one and just slap an old dataplate on it!

Are Turbulents difficult to build?
JAFO liked this
If I was unfortunate enough to bend my Condor and find that its rebuild wasn’t covered by insurance I would either have to:
1) Rebuild it myself with help from friends and professionals (if I could afford to) or
2) Sell the project on to someone who was able and enthusiastic enough to do so
There is no way I would launch an electronic begging bowl so I could have the pleasure of owning, flying and enjoying a freshly restored aircraft. That option wouldn’t seem very ethical to me.
The Kissimmee Bum, klutz, Stampe and 5 others liked this
TheFarmer wrote:How on earth does one go about bending a Condor?

You must have tried really really hard! :D

If you're not good enough to do that, then don't decry those that have the requisite skills :)

PS - I'm sure we could all bend an aeroplane given the right 'opportunity'. (And I do realise that Marchettiman did not suggest that he had).