Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
A couple of weeks ago, the CAA launched CAP1985 on this topic.

I am reliably informed that the response so far has been, to put it politely, somewhat limited.

If you wish to comment (meaningfully please) on the subject, please see https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/UK ... 20(CAP1985)%20-%20v2.0.pdf and submit your responses.

If you don't wish to comment, you will hardly be able to blame the CAA if future regulation isn't what you'd wanted....
Last edited by nickwilcock on Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
That URL has a problem, apparently due to the CAA's use of brackets within it.

I tried to use tinyurl.com to simplify a direct link, but that failed for the same reason.

If you go to CAP1985 here, and then open the PDF from that page, it seems that it will work.

Hopefully that link will not expire.

This issue may be at least part of the reason that take-up has been poor.

Another reason will be that the contents of that document are evidently assuming the presence of an online form and which ask the responder to select options from a list and enter comments into a "free text box" - neither of which are available within the PDF!

Poor show. :?
nickwilcock wrote:A couple of weeks ago, the CAA launched CAP1985 on this topic.

I am relaibly informed that the response so far has been, to put it politely, somewhat limited.

If you don't wish to comment, you will hardly be able to blame the CAA if future regulation isn't what you'd wanted....

That the CAA consider that my sexual orientation is important to know makes me believe that my views will make no difference to the outcome.
Not many participants - Could be a variety of reasons, some above, and maybe some others are:
- technical problems trying to take part
- some pilots will have good intentions to do so "soon" but haven't.
- belief in official circles that more pilots follow what is going on than actually do, (by orders of magnitude.)
- Pilot belief that everyone on both sides already in the behind-the-scenes discussions MUST be working to free up GA from what are seen unpopular Easa impositions, despite there being no evidence for this, in fact, the idea that nothing at all changes Jan 1st might suggest not all are doing so.
- maybe what the French would call "ras-le-bol" with anything other than flying after 8 years of flying in an illogical soup of committee-based confusion.
- maybe some remember Easa doing something similar, having secret closed discussions first, then consult with "stakeholders", then get on with what was decided in the initial secrecy bit, sidelining or kicking anything into that wasn't wanted but was difficult to openly say "No" to into hopelessly long grass. The first two steps of three are there.
- maybe some pilots believe their national licence privileges will automatically revert to "the way we were" pre Easa, and these pilots don't want to change what they wrongly believe they will have. There has been no clear official announcement to them that "sorry, nothing changes on Jan 1st except terms used" presumably due to the anger and reaction that this might produce from one section of GA.
nickwilcock wrote:A couple of weeks ago, the CAA launched CAP1985 on this topic.

I am relaibly informed that the response so far has been, to put it politely, somewhat limited.

If you wish to comment (meaningfully please) on the subject, please see https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/UK ... 20(CAP1985)%20-%20v2.0.pdf and submit your responses.

Nick,
I got the impression from you 2 weeks ago (in the national licence discussion) that my opinion counted for absolutely nothing and would have no affect or influence on the final outcome withim the sphere of GA or the CAA, the DFT and my MP.
So why on earth should I participate in this consultation if the way forward has already been decided behind the scenes??

B1
ak7274 liked this
Nick,
I got the impression from you 2 weeks ago (in the national licence discussion) that my opinion counted for absolutely nothing and would have no affect or influence on the final outcome within the sphere of GA or the CAA, the DFT and my MP.

No, if I recall correctly I said that the point you were making is already well-known to the CAA and is being addressed - so if you wrote to your MP all that would happen is that you would receive a copy-and-paste from the junior minister....

Survey response has indeed been poor - not as many as the 300-ish others have reported.