Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It’s not often I see something on AFORS that I consider to be an absolute gem, but this morning I’ve seen one.

I have no knowledge of the little Jodel 112 that’s just been advertised, but my gut tells me that if someone here is looking for a cheap and reliable little Permit machine, then get up to Norfolk and snap this little beauty up.

I sincerely hope he doesn’t have to suffer the serial time wasters....

I reckon it’ll be sold by the end of the week.

https://www.afors.com/aircraftView/50489
MichaelP, PaulSS, Kemble Pitts and 8 others liked this
By Genghis the Engineer
CloudHound wrote:Funnily enough it didn't sell last time it was advertised and that was I think for £9k :?:

Agree though and a fantastic provenance too.

Presumably that was before the top end overhaul.

When we reluctantly sold our Condor, a few of us had a look at a D112 with a view to setting up a new syndicate. Really liked it to fly, in detail it struck me that it and the Condor were probably designed from the same notes by two people who'd been to school together but didn't really get on. They're basically the same aeroplane, but with just about every detail design feature that could be different, made different.

I'm happy with my present fleet of shares, but it does look very nice.

G
By Rob L
If it's got new A-65 Millenium cylinders with only 30 hours on it, that's worth £6K or thereabouts.

That's the second Continental-powered aircraft I've come about in the last few weeks being sold for essentially less than the value of the engine (the first one was an Aeronca that Nic of this parish knows about).

I do hope that they both get bought by enthusiastic rebuilders to get the airframes flying again.

Rob
mick w liked this
By CloudHound
This Jodel is airworthy and Permitted to June next year.

I thought about it first time round as a syndicate a/c but we're all too tall. :(

And owning 2 a/c already what Mrs CH would have to say about it.....
By shortwing
TheFarmer wrote:It’s not often I see something on AFORS that I consider to be an absolute gem, but this morning I’ve seen one.

I have no knowledge of the little Jodel 112 that’s just been advertised, but my gut tells me that if someone here is looking for a cheap and reliable little Permit machine, then get up to Norfolk and snap this little beauty up.

I sincerely hope he doesn’t have to suffer the serial time wasters....

I reckon it’ll be sold by the end of the week.

https://www.afors.com/aircraftView/50489

It was up for 8k back in Feb.

The engine work was done by the previous owner, cause I went at looked at this despite the advert suggesting the work was done by the current owner. Unless of course it needed a second set of new cylinders since Feb.

Not a bad markup for 6 months ownership
By JodelDavo
It was IMO maybe priced a little low last time round. Sounds about right now. I looked at buying it but didn’t.

I sold my D112 for £10k in 2012 and it needed a fabric job.

Any aeroplane is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

Great aeroplane for not much money.
It would be helpful to know the fabric history - beauty is only skin deep, as they say. There have been reports in old LAA mags of Jodels under deep restoration, of wings held together by paint and fabric on strip down.
By Dominie
Bill McCarthy wrote:It would be helpful to know the fabric history - beauty is only skin deep, as they say. There have been reports in old LAA mags of Jodels under deep restoration, of wings held together by paint and fabric on strip down.

Which is why vendors usually say "Always hangared" - you just have to hope that it's true and look at the trailing edges anyway.
By shortwing
Genghis the Engineer wrote:Does it really matter.

It's worth now, and was worth 6 months ago, precisely what somebody is or was prepared to pay for it. If somebody makes a financial win, best of luck to them - it's pretty unusual, but not something to criticise.

G

I didn't criticise? Calm down. It was an observation.