For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyingfemme wrote:Who’s up for opening a little manufacturing unit - making mobile deep refrigeration?

One of our number is already down that road and has been for many years :-)
Charles Hunt liked this
By kanga
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
kanga wrote:both from Birminham;

@kanga Didn't know you're a Brummie.

:D

[ :oops: .. corrected]

... Only in the eyes of those who reckon 'the North' starts at the Watford Gap, and the 'West Country' at Oxford, whereafter everywhere is much of a(n unimportant) muchness :wink: I'm another of those pesky immigrants. My first UK settled (only in my early teens) 'hometown' was Liverpool.
By JAFO
Rob P wrote:The requirement to be stored at minus eighty and its cost render it less attractive than the AZ/Oxford offering, but the perilous situation means that it will have a role.

Rob P

And, of course, if it's rolled out in Scotland during the winter they can just store it at room temperature.
skydriller, Rob P, johnm and 3 others liked this
By Pete L
Rob P wrote:
kanga wrote: My first UK settled (only in my early teens) 'hometown' was Liverpool.

Winning at life, big-time

Rob P

Liverpool even more than Glasgow and Belfast seems to be one of those places it's expatriates rave about from a safe distance in time and space :D

I'm guessing "Scally" is a derivation of this:

OED wrote:Ye have continually during the whole time of the Warre..suffered every Rapscallion (that bore Armes amongst you) to abuse and trample on..the Free-holders of the Countrey.

Uxbridge English Dictionary

Rapscallion - urban song about onions
Rob P, Charles Hunt, johnm and 1 others liked this
By johnm
I left Wigan, which is half way between Liverpool and Manchester, in 1965. I quickly realised what I was missing and never went back :lol:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
johnm wrote:
Pete L wrote:I'd always assumed that Cotswold meant Oxford to Gloucester -must mug up on geography. :D

Oxford to Bath but it's also quite wide :-)

Bolleaux.

Goes further North than Oxford.

East - M40 - West - M5
South - M4
North - Stratford on Avon
By eltonioni
The best thing the Cotswolds have going is the motorways to London. That's the real reason people go there, so they can go to London. There is one other thing they are good for - it keeps those people out of Yorkshire. ;)
By eltonioni
flybymike wrote:Refreshingly forthright article from the British Medical Journal.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4425

The author writes like his **** is on fire though. It's either naive beyond belief or it's just a series of biases presented as facts. Either way, it's stupefyingly ironic which takes from away the decent points he's trying to make.
By Rob P
There's not a estate agent in the country that would agree with such a limited area :lol:
Last edited by Rob P on Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnm liked this
By Rob P
There you go. NAEA approved map of the Heart Of The Cotswolds. You must understand that there are areas known as "Near The Cotswolds", "Close To The Cotswolds", "Convenient For The Cotswolds" and "Rapidly Becoming The Cotswolds" that surround it, but are not illustrated.

Dave W, johnm, Jim Jones and 1 others liked this