For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
Pete L wrote:What do you call the ground from Shobdon to Gloucester? It's not Midlands, Welsh Marches or Southwest?

Cotswolds

Rob P wrote: ..estate agents who doesn't realise that anything within a 200 mile radius of Stroud can be marketed as 'Cotswolds'

Rob P
Pete L liked this
By Rob P
There's conventional Geography and there is Estate Agent's Geography. They are wildly different.

Rob P
Pete L, eltonioni liked this
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Pete L wrote:I'd always assumed that Cotswold meant Oxford to Gloucester -must mug up on geography. :D

Me too. Anything up past Milton Keynes being "North", "East" being the bulging bit out past Stansted and "West" being Somerset, Devon & Cornwall... :wink:
MikeE liked this
By Rob P
Pete L wrote:I'd always assumed that Cotswold meant Oxford to Gloucester

Not possible. You forget it is London Oxford Airport.

Rob P
By kanga
AndyR wrote:I have always thought of Gloucester as being on the southern edge of the Midlands :D

No, it's a frontier town where borders of Mercia, Wessex and Wales meet. Home to the first Queen Regnant of a Kingdom of England, Aethelflaed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86thelfl%C3%A6d :thumright:

.. and still resents the fact that Richard, Duke of Gloucester (aka 'Richard III') is buried in Leicester, not joining other Kings in its Cathedral :)

[In East of Cheltenham, our Freeview multiplex delivers as 'local' station BBC West Midlands on 1 and ITV Central on 3, both from Birmingham; but also offers ITV West from Bristol on another channel]
Last edited by kanga on Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnm, AndyR liked this
By johnm
Pete L wrote:I'd always assumed that Cotswold meant Oxford to Gloucester -must mug up on geography. :D

Oxford to Bath but it's also quite wide :-)
Pete L, Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By johnm
I learned yesterday from a former Wellcome scientist (my B-i-L) that a vaccine needing the care that the Pfizer jab does would not normally be considered useful.....
Pete L liked this
By Rob P
The requirement to be stored at minus eighty and its cost render it less attractive than the AZ/Oxford offering, but the perilous situation means that it will have a role.

Rob P
johnm liked this
By johnm
Indeed @Rob P every tool in the tool box will need to be deployed.....