Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob P
rf3flyer wrote: There was a fraction quoted but I can't now recall what it was.

For an everyday 4 cylinder Lycoming / Continental you won't go far wrong with £1,000 per 100 hours used.

Rob P
By Boxkite
rf3flyer wrote:Several decades ago I read that the value of a used aeroplane was very largely dependent on the state of the engine. There was a fraction quoted but I can't now recall what it was.

On that basis this one: https://www.afors.com/index.php?page=adview&adid=34862&imid=0 "£7,500 firm. No offers." is optimistic in the extreme although 'no offers' may well prove accurate.

That must have been for sale for around 5 years, going by the advert number.
It's really worth nothing. What's a D117 worth complete? £15k for a good one? Up to £19k for an immaculate one? Then reduce that by the cost of an engine and all the work.
If it's got all the equipment and parts that are in the list where are the photos. Too dumb for their own good.
By rf3flyer
@gasman Then I'll be wrong...it won't be the first time. But the price being asked for what is clearly a project with no engine...I think that's unrealistic and I don't care how much has already been spent on it.

@Boxkite I didn't want to put it quite like that but that would be about my estimate too.

£7,500 including the engine...maybe.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It’s his aircraft, and his advert.

If someone was a serious buyer, (and there are lots of time wasters out there as we know), they won’t turn down an excellent aircraft just because the seller hasn’t submitted the perfect advert.
By Boxkite
TheFarmer wrote:It’s his aircraft, and his advert.

If someone was a serious buyer, (and there are lots of time wasters out there as we know), they won’t turn down an excellent aircraft just because the seller hasn’t submitted the perfect advert.

It has nothing to do with whether it's a perfect advert or not, if you think that then you've missed the point entirely. It's about that it's 200 miles away, but could be 500 miles, and he thinks that's not important enough to put in the advert.
Anyway, I've been in touch, and he mentioned a potential purchaser that contacted him but had no intention of buying a share or going to see it, somebody from near Newbury. :D
PeteSpencer, flybymike, JAFO and 1 others liked this