Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Fellsteruk
Managed to get some solo circuits in today, “you wanna do a couple on your own” turned into over an hour, my first hour flying on my own and it was amazing even better than first solo I think as I wasn’t shi$$ing it quite so much.

The cherry on the top for me was that I finally got hang of landings and some proper consistency, something just clicked today and I was chuffed.

Hopefully the end of my flat landings, flat as a witches t I t they have been :(
Miscellaneous, Sooty25, Flyin'Dutch' and 10 others liked this
By Miscellaneous
Fellsteruk wrote:...my first hour flying on my own and it was amazing even better than first solo...

Just wait until you leave the circuit on your own and the airfield becomes a dot behind you, before disappearing out of sight. :D Will you ever find it again...ever? Will they hide it from you? :shock: :shock:

Well that's what did it for me. :wink:

Congrats. :thumright:
By Nero
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Nice one

First solo is great but doing a sustained solo on your own in the circuits or (your next step) the solo rejoin really starts to feel like a proper pilot

~ Scott
T6Harvard and 1 others liked this
By Fellsteruk
Thanks guys, I’m very excited to leave the zone...

It’s starting to feel like I may actually be a pilot one of these days :) all being well I’ll get another hour solo next Sunday then I’m onto solo nav fingers crossed.
Miscellaneous liked this
By tommyp1441
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Fantastic news mate, well done. Hopefully more good weather for you this weekend and you'll have solo nav in the bag shortly too. Keep up the good work. Like @T6Harvard , I'm also very envious!