For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
JAFO wrote:Well, @Miscellaneous, I think that you should...

Misc, Misc, where've you gone? Misc?

He’s from the future, those photos are of post Covid, post Brexit uk.
The survivors locked down in the far north and west, Celtic lands. They have the. space to themselves., UK population is now 250, all on the coast, scraping by on fishing in between the EU naval patrols ...
johnm liked this
@johnm indeed I believe we did make the same decision, however I trust yours became a reality? I got prepared and set off in beautiful weather to carryout the annual permit test flight. By the time we got to the airfiled it had started to cover over. It was flyable and there were still gaps, but filling. I decided I'd rather have a higher cloudbase for stalls, VNE test and the like. Probably best not to have the tail fin in the cloud in an attempt to maximise altitude for stalling. :wink:

Just got home, the sea is still as flat calm as this morning, the scenery different but equally enthralling. Should have gone with @Bill McCarthy's recommendation and got the kayaks out. Perfect day for it, although there is a sense of it being the calm before the storm. :shock:

On thread topic. We went for lunch. Exit strategy? :lol: :lol: Lost cause me thinks! :(
Flyin'Dutch', Rob L liked this
Jim Jones wrote:
The survivors locked down in the far north and west, Celtic lands. They have the. space to themselves., UK population is now 250, all on the coast, scraping by on fishing in between the EU naval patrols ...

You aren’t on some secret Covid drug trial programme are you, Jim? If so it is giving you nightmares. Calm yourself. The reality is sunny and rosy!

PW
Propwash wrote:
Jim Jones wrote:

You aren’t on some secret Covid drug trial programme are you, Jim? If so it is giving you nightmares. Calm yourself. The reality is sunny and rosy!

PW

Been reading too much dystopian future sci fi. I’m still waiting for flying cars, so this post apocalyptic world wont happen either

Still no exit strategy it seems, hope your sunny/ rosy wish happens. T
Propwash liked this
Welsh total lockdown announced - do not leave your home.

What restrictions will be in place?

There are 5 main things:

people must stay at home, except for very limited purposes
    people must not visit other households or meet other people they do not live with
    certain businesses and venues, including bars, restaurants and most shops must close
    secondary schools will provide learning online only for the week after half-term, other than for children in years seven and eight. Primary schools and childcare settings will remain open.
    face coverings continue to be mandatory in the indoor public spaces that remain open (subject to certain exemptions and e
xceptions), including on public transport and in taxis

If you break these new laws:

You may be told to go home or removed from where you are and returned home.
    You could have to pay a fixed penalty notice of £60. This will rise to £120 for the second breach,
    Or you could have criminal proceedings brought against you, and if found guilty, you will have to pay a fine.

Here's today's numbers.