For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I hope @eltonioni will be pleased:

I went on a 6 mile walk in Somerset today, en route there I shopped for a picnic (duly masked, distanced and sanitised) on the way back I invested in coffee and cake at a cafe, again with suitable risk management precautions.

Last night I dined at a restaurant and then sat in a theatre masked sanitised and separated.

I've also had a plumber do a boiler service and bought a new bathroom tap and shower assembly, though I did fit that myself.

Tomorrow I hope to patronise Sandown airfield.
eltonioni, flybymike liked this
johnm wrote:I went on a 6 mile walk in Somerset today, en route there I shopped for a picnic (duly masked, distanced and sanitised) on the way back I invested in coffee and cake at a cafe, again with suitable risk management precautions.

We had a picnic Thursday John. No need for 6 mile walks, masks before, during or after. Simply put it in a rucksack and had a 20 min saunter from home to a secluded spot. :thumright: It put us off being subjected to the claustrophobia of stuffy pubs, or stale theatres in the evening. I am missing live music though!! :evil:

rogerb liked this
By johnm
@Miscellaneous we've walked , picniced and pubbed in the surrounding area thousands of times so the goal today was a change of scenery so we went to the wetland reservation by the river Parrett as we'd never been before, very few folk about and a pleasant day watching the birdies at play.
By johnm
Cool @Miscellaneous I think my phone counts steps I must get round to having a look one of these days :-) Been a bit too busy with gardening plumbing and the heating system at the church to do very much walking this week :-)
Miscellaneous liked this