Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Cue the vegans onslaught :lol:

You’ll have them lined up in their hessian dungarees, with their smelly quinoa breath, doing a protest outside your hangar if you’re not careful! :D

Mice do seem particularly bad this autumn
2Donkeys, Iceman, TheKentishFledgling and 1 others liked this
By kanga
When we were in US in '80s, ISTR reading in the AOPA-US magazine of a GA pilot who had dropped in on a pal's strip somewhere in the Prairies, on a slightly chilly autumn morning; in a Super Cub, I think. When he came to leave in the late afternoon he did a diligent walkround, and found a mousenest established under his cowling. Well, it must have been cozier than in the adjacent stubble. :?
By IainD
TheFarmer wrote:Cue the vegans onslaught :lol:

You’ll have them lined up in their hessian dungarees, with their smelly quinoa breath, doing a protest outside your hangar if you’re not careful! :D

Mice do seem particularly bad this autumn

I think one is dead somwhere in my car as there is an awful smell :( I blame all the maize and barley grown this year....an all you can eat buffet for mice ,rats ,pigeons ,dear etc :)
Duo802 liked this
By kanga
IainD wrote:..( I blame all the maize and barley grown this year....an all you can eat buffet for mice ,rats ,pigeons ,dear etc :)

.. but cheap, even free, for them and for the deer .. :)

[at the beginning of lockdown our allotment committee had but up signs on the access gates asking people to leave them open to minimise handling. Within a month the sign had changed to asking people to keep them closed, because of extra depredations by wildlife, especially deer. But by then the deer had got used to the buffet and were evidently jumping over the fence. Our runner bean tepees have a curious bikini effect: nibbled in the middle, but with regrowth at the bottom, and growth from the surviving climbers at the top. Oh, and I though that this year I'd created a badger-proof citadel for the sweetcorn; I was wrong .. :evil: ]
IainD, cockney steve liked this
By Crash one
I have a video clip from a security camera that I can neither copy nor paste on here.
It shows a rat holding a stick/pencil and setting off a trap before eating the bait.
We’re doomed!
By cockney steve
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rodent poison :- 1 vol. flour + 1 vol sugar + 1 vol bicarb of soda or 1 vol Plaster of paris.
Mix thoroughly and leave in a small tray/dish Leave water a distance away. Rodents cannot fart or belch. After eating the bicarb mix, they're thirsty. off to get a drink, bicarb gives off gas......Plaster sets hard,fatal constipation/ full stomach, can't eat. it works.
store in an airtight vessel.
cockney steve wrote:Rodent poison :- 1 vol. flour + 1 vol sugar + 1 vol bicarb of soda or 1 vol Plaster of paris.
Mix thoroughly and leave in a small tray/dish Leave water a distance away. Rodents cannot fart or belch. After eating the bicarb mix, they're thirsty. off to get a drink, bicarb gives off gas......Plaster sets hard,fatal constipation/ full stomach, can't eat. it works.
store in an airtight vessel.

Wondered how you did it .

Granddad beware :silent:
Bobcro liked this