Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob S
.....oooh a post in the GA bit! I should have mentioned that although I haven't flown for many years in a GA aircraft (sorry to say I don't really miss it) I have got a 30 minute trip to take in an Ikarus. Not sure what that'll be like, I am hoping terrifying and awful so it doesn't make me think I want to fly again! Couldn't afford it now.

I will also get a new airfield in my logbook too!

Happy Landings

Rob S

PS Do people still twiddle VORs and NDBs or am I showing my age?!
Colonel Panic, Rob P, Flyin'Dutch' and 3 others liked this
By Charles Hunt
Buy a err what are they called, note book? No that's not it, tablet!! that's the one. Load it with SkyDemon. Strap it to your knee. That's it. Job done.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The Ikarus is a superb aircraft in terms of performance and reliability too.

Enjoy it. I hope you get hooked again.
By andytk58
chevvron wrote:
CloudHound wrote:Is that the a/c you have to reach between ones legs to operate the throttle?

Jabiru :D

C42 Ikarus too, so CloudHound is right.

I did all my ab inito training in one.

I particularly like the overhead flap lever!

Andy
By Rob S
Aww, The Left Hander, that was fun writing that. Funnily enough Dave Unwin came up in my life recently as he contributed to a magazine that I subscribe to, but then "left" - I recalled how Steve Morley and I met him once and he told us that there had been a discussion about suing us for our "Today's Toilet" cover. Oops. I can still remember doing the Nudist Flying photos, that was such a good laugh!
Rob P, 2Donkeys liked this
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I can't recall ever reading The Left Hander, and it seems to have dropped off even the Wayback machine.