Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Charles Hunt wrote:
I'd be interested to hear why.

I sort of 'get it'.

The Spitfire is a stunning aircraft, there can be no disputing that. But sometimes its almost as if no other aircraft existed. Same in the US where the P-51 and B-17 appear to be the only aircraft that fought WW2 and the P-47, P-38, B-24 never get a look in. Once in a while one feels the need to kick back against this type-blindness.

It was the Hurricane that did the heavy lifting for the first fifteen months of the conflict after all.

As for the butchery that is the two-seat 'Spitfire' or the insipid, no aeros allowed, Mk26 ... Enough said. :puker:

Rob P
I've not seen the linked programme and will sit down today if I get a spare half hour and watch. I shall bounce up and down with an outpouring of positivity every time I see a 'proper' airframe. I promise.

Rob P :lol:
Miscellaneous liked this
Miscellaneous wrote:Bloody Hell, the negativity is creeping in to my positive thread about aviation in a handful of posts. :roll: :lol:

What did you expect? The only forum where you come to make a contribution and leave wishing you hadn’t bothered.

I do wonder sometimes how many negative forumites have even flown an aeroplane let alone a Spitfire. 8)

I’ve seen it and will be watching again, great bunch of people at Biggin Hill.

PS. a P-51 is better :thumleft: :thumleft:
Miscellaneous, Robin500, T6Harvard and 1 others liked this
Rob P wrote:I shall bounce up and down with an outpouring of positivity every time I see a 'proper' airframe. I promise.

I can't imagine any other enthusiasts group, irrespective of activity, visiting a forum to whinge and put the boot in to said activity to the extent we pilots do. :(

An analogy would be a fishing forum that predominately had posts about the ones that got away because of Carp line, Carp hooks, Carp rods. Or about the times nothing was caught due Carp bait. :D Or how the authorities were draconian in the catch and release policy. :lol:

It's a programme about the Spitfire, not the mighty Hurricane. Enjoy it for what it is. :thumright:

Or, choose not to watch it. :wink:
T6Harvard liked this
JodelDavo wrote:
Miscellaneous wrote:Bloody Hell, the negativity is creeping in to my positive thread about aviation in a handful of posts. :roll: :lol:

What did you expect? The only forum where you come to make a contribution and leave wishing you hadn’t bothered.

I do wonder sometimes how many negative forumites have even flown an aeroplane let alone a Spitfire. 8)

I’ve seen it and will be watching again, great bunch of people at Biggin Hill.

PS. a P-51 is better :thumleft: :thumleft:

I gave you a like for the first line, but on reading the last nearly withdrew it. But then realised you were joshing :thumleft:
Rob P, JodelDavo liked this
Miscellaneous wrote:An analogy would be a fishing forum that predominately had posts about the ones that got away because of Carp line, Carp hooks, Carp rods. Or about the times nothing was caught due Carp bait. :D Or how the authorities were draconian in the catch and release policy. :lol:

You know, I just couldnt help myself... so thanks to google here's a thread of relevance to you up north Misc...

https://www.flyfishing.co.uk/threads/visitors-dirt.616077/

And i just love this forum :lol: : http://www.carpforum.co.uk

Regards, SD..