Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Urban myth in Bracknell, Berkshire is that a German Messerschmitt crashed at Easthampstead during World War Two, but no-one has any details of the incident.

I am aware of the Junker bomber which dropped a stick of bombs down the main drive of Easthampstead Park in 1941 but don't know if this was the same incident.

I have also researched the two crashes involving British planes in the area but have drawn a blank on the German one. Is anyone able to supply any information or point me in the right direction for further research please?

Andrew, History Officer, The Bracknell Forest Society
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I have a superb 12 volume set of books which provide a comprehensive record of WW2 Luftwaffe crashes in the UK.

I am away from my books for a couple of days but will look on my return. If I haven't replied over the weekend, and nobody else has delivered an answer, prompt me by posting here again.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@tbfs.history, the Index for the 12 books unfortunately does not include a list of crash sites.

Can you be any more specific about the date of the bombing or possible date (even roughly) of the supposed fighter crash?

Edit: The bombing incident might have been this, in October 1940?
https://www.wokingham-tc.gov.uk/museum/document/456
On the 4th October 1940, during World War 2 a Junkers 88 German bomber dropped a 1,000lb high explosive bomb and four oil bombs on Wokingham. The event was witnessed by Walter Percy Fenwick, a postman better known as "Old Havelocker". He was delivering post to South Lodge, Easthampsteasd, the residence of Miss E. Tice, niece of Lord Downshire of Easthampstead mansion when he saw the bomber at treetop level. He had the presence of mind to quickly get Miss Tice and himself into the van sliding the strong door shut before the bombs were dropped. The van jumped about two foot in the air but both were unharmed and would have been killed by shrapnel had they not taken cover.

An officer at the nearby military camp had reported the sighting and as a result the bomber was brought down near the Hog's Back at Guildford and all occupants were killed.