Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By gfry
Woohooo I became a CRI yesterday.

I am not far from Kemble, keep me in mind if you need to reval, complex differences or tailwheel training. Cross channel checks/training is not a problem if you are in to that sort of thing.
PeteSpencer, Dave W, James Chan and 12 others liked this
By Ibra
Congrats, a nice ticket to have, mostly about CRI learning how to fly other people aeroplanes :lol:
By Genghis the Engineer
Well done, it's a tough test isn't it, but a lot of fun getting there.

Having been in the role for about a decade, please feel invited to drop me a line any time you want to bounce any "how about this?" questions of somebody. If you can find a more local mentor do - I managed to, and it helped me a lot in the first couple of years of understanding what being an instructor was all about.

G
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Well done. I've had my ticket for 18 months now and had a lot of fun - and learnt a lot - already.

Like GtE, I have a very helpful mentor who I bounce things off from time to time.
By gfry
I am going to be doing a couple of days a week at the school that ran my course, so hopefully my instructor will be a good mentor. He has a bazillion years experience and some stories to tell.

No doubt I will bend your ears at times for advice.
By gfry
British Aerobatic Academy.

...further plans are to complete the aero's course and 200 hours of instructing and then do the UPRT instructor course.
MikeB liked this
By Genghis the Engineer
gfry wrote:British Aerobatic Academy.

...further plans are to complete the aero's course and 200 hours of instructing and then do the UPRT instructor course.

I'd be very happy to be corrected (since otherwise I qualify and it would be rather fun), but my understanding is that this course is only open to FIs, and not to CRIs ?

G
By gfry
It’s open to CRI as well. You need to have completed the aerobatics basic course, UPRT course and have 200 instructor hours. Then you can do the UPRT instructor course and basic aero instructor.
By Genghis the Engineer
gfry wrote:It’s open to CRI as well. You need to have completed the aerobatics basic course, UPRT course and have 200 instructor hours. Then you can do the UPRT instructor course and basic aero instructor.

Do you have an unambiguous reference for that? EASA FCL 915(e) just says "instructor", most course providers websites say "FI" - I can't see anything definitive that unambiguously shows you to be correct (or wrong, to be fair).

G