Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By carlmeek
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Yes we did and it Was great!

Ghengis - I'd love a ride, as long as it's an acrobatic one :-)

Vagabond probably not of enormous interest to me, but if you popped into Deanland I'd swap a quick ride :)
By Genghis the Engineer
carlmeek wrote:Yes we did and it Was great!

Ghengis - I'd love a ride, as long as it's an acrobatic one :-)

Vagabond probably not of enormous interest to me, but if you popped into Deanland I'd swap a quick ride :)

Sadly Monsun is aerobatic only 1up due to variable MTOWs, but very happy to see how close we can get to the corners of the utility envelope. Will drop you a line.

G
By David Wood
I’ll swap a ride in my Tiger Moth for a ride in anything else interesting. Just waiting for the Moth to come back from re-covering.
mick w liked this
By RisePilot
Best ride swap ever.

I took a client out for the day in the R44; flew low-level down the Thames and landed for a nice lunch. In turn, I’ve been invited down with the family for a trip on his 50 metre super yacht in the Med.

He flies a lot in private jets and larger helicopters for transfers, but said it was quite fun to fly in a smaller helicopter (something he said he had never done before).
Iceman, Sooty25, Flyingfemme and 1 others liked this
By Genghis the Engineer
David Wood wrote:I’ll swap a ride in my Tiger Moth for a ride in anything else interesting. Just waiting for the Moth to come back from re-covering.

You're on, I've always wanted a go in a Moth, if a Monsun qualifies as interesting enough.

G
By David Wood
Do you still fly flex-wings, Genghis? I haven’t flown one since the late 80s and would love a go again. And the dress-code is the same!
By Genghis the Engineer
I'm afraid not. After 20 odd years, I just decided that I wasn't enjoying them any more so stuck to more stick-n-rudder flying.

G