Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Flyingfemme
I was persuaded to give this sh** system another go..........

Logged in and tried to add another aircraft (that would be a fourth) but kept getting an error message telling me unable.
So I switched to people and input 13 people................
Tried to add the aircraft again and still unable.
Then I saw the option to set up as an organisation and have other people able to do their own GARs. Great! Added an email address............
Went back to try and add the aircraft again but no aircraft there.........looked at the people and they've all disappeared.....................
Seriously! Like I have nothing better to do than waste my afternoon on this shower.........so it's back to the old WORD doc and email............
Flying_john liked this
By James Chan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Argh. I don't carry more than 3 people so don't have the same issue.

Is the system failing all the bizjet / exec GA flights as well? :-(

With 13 people on board, would ground handling support be of any help?

The GAR system has a feedback form as well: https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffic ... k/s/43F67/
They've had my feedback.............there wouldn't be 13 people on board. That is just a list of the regular pax. Then you have to add the pilots - 3 times if you want them to be pax, crew or captain..............and it isn't accepting any aircraft at the moment so no point inputting anything at all............
By tomtytom
Its a "clunky" system.

I got to the point where I figured something had been sent and past caring if it was right or wrong in the end. Nobody bothered me that particular trip so guess what went through was enough or ignored anyway.
Lucky you. I had two trips where I was pursued by Bristol Border Force (one getting quite heated on their part) because, somehow, they knew a flight was likely to take place (how?) but didn't have any details. Eventually I got an apology when somebody was shown the depths of the system where details such as aircraft and people were available. But I had no hard proof of what I had submitted - only a receipt number, which could have been anything.
By Ibra
Bathman wrote:I knew someone who used to fly abroad 100 plus times a year and did so for many years. They never filled in a GAR form ever. Never had any problems.

Food for thought

Just a BS claim, do they file FPL*? Then UKBF will give them a phone call to file a GAR before they depart if they forgot or get a glitch

*100 crossings/year, I am assuming they have de-ice boots and fly above weather in CAS with TXP ON, not 50ft agl flying, so proper FPL otherwise not sure how that works, forgot how many nice weather days per year we have? (while ago I used to commute to France 4 times per month for family & work, with all the will to make it work by air, I only made 20 crossings one year and I hate driving or taking Eurostar :lol: )
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
This prompted me to have another go, so I've put a couple of folk and the aeroplane into the database and we'll see where we go.
By chevvron
Flyingfemme wrote:Lucky you. I had two trips where I was pursued by Bristol Border Force (one getting quite heated on their part) because, somehow, they knew a flight was likely to take place (how?) but didn't have any details. Eventually I got an apology when somebody was shown the depths of the system where details such as aircraft and people were available. But I had no hard proof of what I had submitted - only a receipt number, which could have been anything.

Heathrow Border Force at Farnborough get copies of the flight plans for inbound flights; how I don't know; this may be true of the Bristol office too.
I found this out when they phoned us at Fairoaks asking if G-XXXX had arrived yet; we had no knowledge of him (used to when people usually filed GARs via us) and no flight plan but they said they had the flight plan.
By Flyingfemme
No flight plan filed - so not that.
Have had a reply from the tech feedback people. The system is not supposed to work like that and they will look into it. I shan't bother with all the data input for quite a while..........